Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-18-2021, 02:46 PM   #181
Shadilly
Shadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animalsShadilly is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Libra 2,Clara HD, Glowlight Plus, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttaperk View Post
I just got mine!

It's an awesome little device in some ways, but it's too sluggish.
I’m comparison to other ereaders?
Shadilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:13 AM   #182
guttaperk
guttaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadilly View Post
I’m comparison to other ereaders?
I’ve only used Kindles. But yes. The page turn and book-opening times are really long.

I’m putting up with it because it’s really nice otherwise.

My other e-readers are a Kindle Voyage and an old Kindle Oasis - nice, but not new.
guttaperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2021, 05:53 AM   #183
tudoapampa
tudoapampa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 7th gen / Inkpalm 5 / Kobo mini
Is it possible to read on landscape mode? I pretend to mostly use the kindle app
tudoapampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 04:57 PM   #184
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
The page turn times are fast for me (I have several ereaders). Perhaps you’re using an app that has a page turn animation by default? I use Moonreader and have this feature switched off.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:50 AM   #185
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
KoReader
Download apk for ARM Android from git. Works on my eInk Mars.
I use Lithium or Aldiko Basic on regular LCD Android. Not all apps work well on eink.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2021, 02:22 AM   #186
philips
philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 505
Is there a way to make the notification shade pull down less sensitive? I constantly pull down the notification shade while trying to highlight text in Kindle.

Last edited by philips; 12-20-2021 at 10:37 AM.
philips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #187
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
I’ve only used Kindles. But yes. The page turn and book-opening times are really long.

I’m putting up with it because it’s really nice otherwise.

My other e-readers are a Kindle Voyage and an old Kindle Oasis - nice, but not new.
I use koreader on my Inkpalm 5, book opening and page turns are fast enough, and that is all that really matters to me.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:02 AM   #188
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudoapampa View Post
Is it possible to read on landscape mode? I pretend to mostly use the kindle app
Using koreader it is possible.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:11 PM   #189
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
IÂ’ve only used Kindles. But yes. The page turn and book-opening times are really long.
IÂ’m putting up with it because itÂ’s really nice otherwise.
???

Page turns in the Kindle app on the Inkpalm are fast for me out of the box. Something is off with your setup.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:10 AM   #190
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Xiaomi have released an updated 'InkPalm Mini 2' https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...inkpalm-mini-2
Old 01-25-2022, 04:48 AM   #191
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Right now Chinese only.
Also customs is so bad here now due Chinese sellers issuing fake values and Brexit, that really ordering from EU only makes sense.
I wonder can this mk2 have English added by the same method as the Inkpad mini in the posts before 190?

I'd be tempted if my 5" Sony PRS350 broke, which still is reasonable on its original battery!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:09 AM   #192
rowe
Zealot

Personally I'm not too worried about ordering straight from China before anyone's confirmed changing it to English (these were both risks when I ordered a v1)

I'd only upgrade from the v1 if the v2 screen was matte without a protector. Unfortunately it looks like it isn't.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:09 PM   #193
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
The first look link was informative but the review seems to show a slightly more polished device.

https://goodereader.com/blog/reviews...eration-review

I upgraded last year to the Hisense Touch and it is substantially a better unit in my opinion.

I am aware this device is in another price bracket all together but if someone has the mini and decided they like the form factor and wanted to go better and could wait and save up I think the Touch is a much better device to have long term. I also have all these opinions using moon plus setup how I like it as my app of choice as I do not use the stock apps on any of these epaper devices so take that into consideration.

Pros:

Android 11

True snapdragon SOC (large app compatibility) as fast as any other midrange phone honestly.

runs apps like moon plus, kiwi browser with no lag what so ever.

Larger screen by only being slightly taller

Bigger battery (also quick charges), Lasts a month easy for me and I use the front light all the time at a pretty high level due to my vision.

4GB RAM + 128GB storage (Though stock ROM takes up 31GB of it)

Speakers and 3.5mm jack are good. (I used it once as I only read on this device)

Haptics are good

Like the robust feeling clicky buttons, the left side button I use to refresh the screen if needed.

TouchOS (Stock ROM):

Nicer and more customizable lock screen (I just use my own image)

Customizable Power off screen (I use my own image again)

True stock android navigation bar (after swapping the launcher to nova it is always accessible like a normal android device and goes in and out of immersive mode as expected)

Nicer quick toggles.

Way more robust screen mode system, easily never causes issues while web browsing etc. Seems to remember what it is set to per app even.

Cons:

Price, all said and done/shipped I payed CECT $379 for the device and they had no cases so I got one in black and translucent off taobao for like $20 shipped. All in I am at $398

Though that being said this device is fast, like I said before its normal phone fast and is way faster then any other of the epaper devices I have had. So I think it is worth the money and honestly if they choose to make a new version that is even better later I will probably upgrade to that too depending on what changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-29 165722.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	191992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-29 165843.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	191993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-29 165908.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	191994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-29 165951.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	191995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-29 170211.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	191996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-29 170305.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	191997  

Last edited by rvcjew; 01-31-2022 at 05:37 AM.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:46 PM   #194
rowe
Zealot

If the Inkpalm didn't exist, I would get a Hisense Touch. My Inkpalm replaced a Hisense A5.

I read so many books, the cost difference of the device doesn't really matter to me. I'm guessing much of the Touch cost is for the audio features and additional storage though, which I'd never use.

I do like the very light weight and small size of the InkPalm, although the Touch is just a bit bigger and heavier this is the main thing that puts me off.

The touch looks like it has a glossy screen too. I'd probably prefer it to the InkPalm if it didn't. Is the screen protector applied at the factory on the Touch? It wasn't on my InkPalm - they're tricky to apply perfectly and even then only seem to last a year before the edges start going if self-applied. My factory applied A5 protector was still good after 2 years of daily use.

The processor speed is fine on the InkPalm for me, I only use it for opening books and turning pages and both seem fairly snappy.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:13 PM   #195
jlynton
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
...I upgraded last year to the Hisense Touch and it is substantially a better unit in my opinion.
From your photos it looks like you have a screen protector, without that is the screen glossy of matt?