Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 06-10-2022, 03:53 AM   #1
Melih
Melih began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Tolino Shine 3 disable hyphenation?

Hello everyone, I am new here and this is my first post. Recently got a Tolino Shine 3 (not rooted, but I sideloaded some applications) but I really don't like hyphenation. Is there a way to disable it? TIA
Melih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 12:24 PM   #2
Melih
Melih began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
I solved it! I deleted the hyphenation scripts form inside of apk and sdcard. It worked.

I was having problems with Turkish characters as well, I also fixed it too. I added missing characters to the font file in apk and system.

I have also got a Nook Simple Touch that I used with FBReader and Colordict and I was planning to use them in my Tolino as well, I had some problems with both of them. FBReader has a special release for Nook so I thought I could use it but it didn't work. And I had Turkish characters problems with the dictionary apps. But now I understand that the problem wasn't with apps but instead with Tolino itself because of the missing characters in font files. The reason I want to use sideloaded apps is Tolino's dictionary isn't enough. Eventually I managed to combine my multiple stardict glossaries into one single .quickdic file to use it with Tolino's stock app.

So now I can use my Tolino Shine 3 with its stock rom with a decent dictionary and Turkish character support without hyphenation just like the way I want mostly thanks to information from this forum.

Melih is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert