Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #91
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhunter2010 View Post
Personally I don't think that paying a little extra for a Sony branded charger that is certified by Sony for use with the PRS-505 is a trial.
If you think that a charger being "certified by Sony" matters at all, then go ahead and pay more for a bulkier charger that offers no real advantage. Me, I've stocked up on a few PSP data/charger cables, which I can use with any computer or usb wallworts that I have laying around.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #92
sirhunter2010
sirhunter2010 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sirhunter2010 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sirhunter2010 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
If you think that a charger being "certified by Sony" matters at all, then go ahead and pay more for a bulkier charger that offers no real advantage.
If you had taken the time to read all of my posts on this matter then you would have realized that this matter has certainly been laid to rest quite sometime ago. Opinions pro and con have been adequately voiced and I am not entirely convinced that your opinion moves the debate forward.
sirhunter2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #93
Ellimist
Ellimist began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue)
HA. This is great. I have a PSP and just tried it. Very awesome. The 505 requires 5.2 V, so that might mean it takes a little longer to fully charge than if the adapter had that extra .2...
Ellimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #94
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
$5.99 shipped

http://www.meritline.com/sony-psp-20...--p-33287.aspx

Reliable store
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #95
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
$3.99 shipped, from the same store, and this one has the plug integrated into the adapter, so you don't need the bulky separate power cord.

http://www.meritline.com/sony-psp-ad...--p-30231.aspx
MasterGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #96
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quite a few electronics use this type of charger. Just check the polarity and voltage - you may have one lying around the house already. I did.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #97
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Quite a few electronics use this type of charger. Just check the polarity and voltage - you may have one lying around the house already. I did.
What device did your charger originally come from?
MasterGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #98
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Mine came from my old iPaq, but my old CD player AC adapter is the same.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When buying a PSP AC adapter, be careful of what you get. if you get one that's not certified (UL Listed for example), you run the risk of it catching fire. So please don't buy something you don't know is certified.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #100
Armaced
Enthusiast
Armaced began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-505
Thanks for the tip. I was debating buying a power adapter, but I have at least two PSP power adapters laying around.
Armaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #101
Superdesi
Superdesi began at the beginning.

Device: none
PSP DC-IN Jack Size

Can anyone please tell me the size of the DC-IN jack on the PSP. Has this size changed between the older version and the newer LITE or SLIM versions?

I was to buy a portable battery and need to know the tip size (round barrel tip) that will go inside this DC-IN jack.

Thanks.
Superdesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #102
Evin
Evin began at the beginning.

Device: Red Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGame View Post
$3.99 shipped, from the same store, and this one has the plug integrated into the adapter, so you don't need the bulky separate power cord.

http://www.meritline.com/sony-psp-ad...--p-30231.aspx
I just received this item the other day and it works perfectly. $3.99 is a great price.
Evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #103
Wario
Connoisseur
Wario began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I have main power USB hub. As Living in the UK we get very large plugs and adaptor. I have bought a PSP power/data cable.

This work very well and was $1.87 delivered (£1.17ish).
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8693

Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #104
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I have the Psyclone and it doesn't make any noise... I suspect he got one perhaps with a bad filter capacitor or perhaps he has very dirty AC... Who knows...

-MJ
I just bought Psyclone Essentials for PSP 2000 at Target. Is everyone still happy with this that bought this model? Are we still sure this is safe to use on the PRS-505?

Last edited by new; 08-14-2009 at 01:55 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #105
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I bought a cheap little 3 in 1 from Game Crazy. Has a USB port for charging other devices, cigarette lighter for charging from a car, and the PSP plug works great for charging my 505.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote