Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #16
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll go with Nathan Lowell, and in particular his Solar Clipper books. These would be scifi/space opera for genre. Probably not necessarily the best choice for someone craving a lot of action in what they read, but I've found them to be fairly compelling.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:45 AM   #17
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper28 View Post
I'll go with Nathan Lowell, and in particular his Solar Clipper books. These would be scifi/space opera for genre. Probably not necessarily the best choice for someone craving a lot of action in what they read, but I've found them to be fairly compelling.
Thanks. Another one I haven't come across. I notice the first book is on KU so I will definitely give it a try.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2017, 11:45 PM   #18
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Thanks. Another one I haven't come across. I notice the first book is on KU so I will definitely give it a try.
Pretty sure all of his are. I know he's talked about it on a podcast that he does. At times he talks about the self publishing industry, and some of his experiences in it. As I recall, he basically found that his sales outside the Amazon platform were so small that it made more economic sense to agree to the restrictions that allowed him to enter kindle unlimited. As I recall, he's said that he's made more from that program that what he lost in sales from other platforms. Some of his discussions can be an interesting glimpse into how things work.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote