Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 02-23-2023, 12:58 PM   #1
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
OpenAudible vs ViWizard (formerly TunesKit)

Does anyone have any thoughts on OpenAudible vs ViWizard (formerly TunesKit)

Thank you!

Last edited by odamizu; 02-25-2023 at 11:19 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 08:25 PM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
First, take a look at Libation -- fully open sourced, and free -- not even nagwear. Far and away the best solution for backing up your Audible library that I know about.

Second, m4b is for books. m4a is for music. So you want m4b. Though they're actually the same, internally, so far as I'm aware.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #3
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
First, take a look at [URL="https://github.com/rmcrackan/Libation"]Libation [/URL ...
Well, I'm on Mac and Libation for Mac is beta ...
Old 02-24-2023, 12:59 AM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Well, I'm on Mac and Libation for Mac is beta ...
Yes, but available and updated regularly. They've got a couple of people who have been helping test the Mac versions, and the responsiveness to bug reports is... impressive. I'm totally not a Mac person, so can't speak to it directly, but it's clearly working and working well.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 05:43 PM   #5
odamizu
just an egg

Okay, I'll check out Libation. Though I'm still interested in hearing from anyone using OpenAudible or ViWizard (formerly TunesKit).

With OpenAudible or Libation, can you download an individual aax file from Audible website yourself, then copy/import into OpenAudible or Libation? Or do OpenAudible and Libation have to do the entire process?
Advert
Old 02-24-2023, 07:54 PM   #6
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
With OpenAudible or Libation, can you download an individual aax file from Audible website yourself, then copy/import into OpenAudible or Libation? Or do OpenAudible and Libation have to do the entire process?
Libation on Windows- yes you do eveything in the program, you don't download the aax separately. If you don't want to enter your password, there's a browser option in the setup instructions.

I haven't used OpenAudible since it went paid/ stopped working for me, but I think it worked the same way.

There is/was also InAudible as an option, I think.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 01:03 AM   #7
odamizu
just an egg

Thank you