Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
nagyv
nagyv began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
how to use the iLiad as an ssh client?

Hello!

is there a way to use the iLiad as an ssh client?

I would like to work in emacs in the garden.

I know that an ssh server can be installed on the iLiad, but I haven't found any info about an ssh client.
Moreover, I don't know if the keyboard or the screen refreshes will cause a problem.
Does anyone have a working solution?

Thanks, V
nagyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
bobj
Enthusiast
bobj is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Wow, I can't believe nobody answered your question till now. I was trying to determine the same thing because I want to set up rsync.

I just realized that dropbearmulti also contains an ssh client. Get it from
this thread about dropbear and x11vnc. Then you can run dbclient, or add another symlink for ssh->dropbearmulti.

Unfortunately the keyboard and screen refreshes may cause a problem. That and the slowness seem to make the iLiad no substitute for a desktop. Good luck!
bobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
emacs, iliad, ssh