Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #62
penguin440
penguin440 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Hi davidfor,

I'm in the same boat - the reader bricked after updating - please could I have a link to the SD card image too?
Many thanks
Advert
Old 04-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #64
paciugone
paciugone began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo Touch Internat SD format...

Hello
I've a Kobo Touch Model N905C. I add many books so it freeze. I try reset botton but nothing. I have a good (...) idea and I open my Kobo, I find the SD and when I put in my cardreader Windows ask me "Do you want to format?" and I say yes...... ........ Kobo now is dead. Can someone help me? I need flash image for recovery of my device!!! Pls help me. Thanks for your attention

Davidfor I hope in your PM!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by paciugone; 04-23-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Ouch. I have sent you a PM.
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #66
Davd
Davd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Hi!
I have an old Kobo WiFi (I believe it's the Marvell 166e) that won't boot at all!
Could you please send me the SD image also?
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:43 AM   #67
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Davd: PM sent. I only have the one image for the WiFi, so, hopefully it is the correct one.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #68
gmdp02
gmdp02 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader Wifi N647B
Has anyone had any difficulty flashing the image? I've done it at least three times now, but the reader's blue power light just stays solid when I turn it on and nothing happens. It's the N647B, also with a Marvell 166e.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:56 AM   #69
Bobbocus
Bobbocus began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
Kobo N647 locked up

I have the same problem with my Kobo WiFi N647. Could DavidFor please send me a link to the SD card image download. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #70
penguin440
penguin440 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdp02 View Post
Has anyone had any difficulty flashing the image? I've done it at least three times now, but the reader's blue power light just stays solid when I turn it on and nothing happens. It's the N647B, also with a Marvell 166e.
Hi yes, I have had trouble too. At first I thought it was because I tried it with a 4 gb sdhc card and maybe it had trouble with that, but also I couldn't get it to work with the 2gb one that came with it either. Not sure what the problem is, I guess it could just be totally dead! If anything I've enjoyed trying to open it up and seeing the circuitry at least. I'll let you know if I manage to get it working!
EDIT: Looking back at old posts I saw a discussion on this, I think my CPU is the Marvell 166E, if this helps at all!

Last edited by penguin440; 05-05-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:01 AM   #71
Bobbocus
Bobbocus began at the beginning.

Device: N647B
N647B

hi davidfor thank you for the image you supplied me, I have flashed the new firmware onto the card 7 times now but it just lights up the blue power light and does not do anything else. The model is N647B is that the firmware you sent me? any help would be gratefully accepted. Cheers
Bob
Old 05-08-2014, 03:35 AM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Bob,

It is the only image I have for the WiFi. I don't know if there were different versions of it.

The only suggestions I have is to make sure it is charged and try a factory reset using the buttons. I'm not sure how to that for the WiFi, but I remember the instructions have been posted on MR a few months ago.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #73
Davd
Davd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
I'm also in the same boat as everyone else with a Marvell 166e chipset. The blue LED lights up with no change to the display (same as if you try to power it up with the card slot empty). I've even tried the factory reset via the buttons with no luck... I think the only thing that'll get us e-reading again is a working SD image specific to the Marvell.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #74
killingd
killingd began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
looking for firmware SD Update image file Kobo n647b

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Could i get the SD image file please?

Thanks
Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #75
killingd
killingd began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfoti View Post
Hi all
I have a model N647B Kobo Wifi and am in the same position.
Realy need the firmware image if anybody has it floating around?
Looking to see if someone can point me to the n647b SD image fix download too as the 1.9.11 broke my Kobo... I know it's older but it did work before the 1.9.11 upgrade.... Any Help! Would be GREAT! Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi