Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Calibre Portable question

I'm going to be away from my home computer for 2 weeks, so of course I want to bring my Calibre library with me. I've installed Calibre Portable on a memory stick, and copied my library into the Calibre Library folder, per the instructions on the blog, but when I open Calibre Portable, it doesn't see my books.

Do I have to reload all my books? or is there a file (the metadata.db file?) that I need to copy over? except that my library on my home computer is in a different directory than the directory in Calibre Portable.

There's clearly a step I'm missing - can someone help?

thanks,

Becca
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm going to be away from my home computer for 2 weeks, so of course I want to bring my Calibre library with me. I've installed Calibre Portable on a memory stick, and copied my library into the Calibre Library folder, per the instructions on the blog, but when I open Calibre Portable, it doesn't see my books.

Do I have to reload all my books? or is there a file (the metadata.db file?) that I need to copy over? except that my library on my home computer is in a different directory than the directory in Calibre Portable.

There's clearly a step I'm missing - can someone help?

thanks,

Becca
Calibre Library has a default LOCATION and FOLDER NAME

You CAN switch to any other name. You WILL have to do this every time.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, I know. I copied my books into the folder Calibre Library, but when I start Calibre Portable, it's not seeing them. That's what I mean by clearly I'm missing a step - how to actually get Calibre to see all my books without having to go through the step of adding them all again. There ought to be a way, shouldn't there?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I have just copied my entire library into the folder Calibre Library and it worked.. Remember you not only copy the books, you have to copy the metadata.db file.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard

Ah, that did it - thank you so much!
Advert