Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
perler
Enthusiast
perler began at the beginning.

Device: perler
Autoimport broken?

Hi,

all this on windows 7 x64:

I enabled auto import and it worked. afterwards, I changed some options (auto convert to AZW and EPUB), deleted the imported book from the folder and from calibre and re-added it to the watched folder. From there on, the autoimport stopped working completely, even for books calibre has never seen before.

what can we do?
perler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Check your settings. Use the restore defaults button to get back to the default settings and change them one by one till you discover the setting causing the problem.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
perler
Enthusiast

that's a bit drastic, what setting can be wrong on a screen where you choose a directory and press OK? do you need a log to debug what's happening?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by perler View Post
that's a bit drastic, what setting can be wrong on a screen where you choose a directory and press OK? do you need a log to debug what's happening?
do you have any other program (including calibre's, save to folder) that might be 'connecting' to that folder, thus blocking read-delete rights?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
perler
Enthusiast

Not that I'm aware of, I'm connected to another folder within calibre and although I monitor some folders with another software not that particular one. I also can open the folder in explorer and can delete files in it..
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
perler
Enthusiast

one oddity I see is, that, after you change the auto-import option, you get asked to restart calibre. this is not possible, when you click restart, the tray icon get's unresponsive (no menu) and I need to kill the process in the task manager. shutting down calibre via the tray icon menu and restarting by hand is possible..
Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
perler
Enthusiast

Ok, I did what kovidgoyal asked and, as described in my very first post in this thread, this is when the bug pops up:

1. start calibre (virgin if you must)
2. enable automimport, set it to a folder of you choice
3. restart calibre, autoimport works
4. go to preferences|add books and enable some conversions (here epub, mobi)
5. restart calibre, autoimport stops working
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
perler
Enthusiast

I opened a bug report

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1061631