Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Jimbo724
Connoisseur
Jimbo724 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Cannot Read .htm file auto-imported as zip file

I have a bunch of older .htm files that open just fine in my web browser. However, when I add them as books to Calibre, they are automatically converted to and saved as zip files. When I try to View the imported file (i.e. the zip file), the viewer starts but fails to open all the way. The viewer appears to abort just as it starts to open.

I know I have been able to add a .html book and convert to mobi in the past. What am I doing wrong?

I have 0.8.61.

P.S. Well duh! Right after hitting the post button, I realized I had not tried converting the zip file to a mobi and then try opening the mobi. Of course, that works. I don't see any way to delete my own post. One of those Emily Litella moments.

Last edited by Jimbo724; 07-21-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Jimbo724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo724 View Post
I have a bunch of older .htm files that open just fine in my web browser. However, when I add them as books to Calibre, they are automatically converted to and saved as zip files. When I try to View the imported file (i.e. the zip file), the viewer starts but fails to open all the way. The viewer appears to abort just as it starts to open.

I know I have been able to add a .html book and convert to mobi in the past. What am I doing wrong?

I have 0.8.61.

P.S. Well duh! Right after hitting the post button, I realized I had not tried converting the zip file to a mobi and then try opening the mobi. Of course, that works. I don't see any way to delete my own post. One of those Emily Litella moments.
Mods can delete posts... BUT MR's general policy is to leave threads INTACT (when they don't violate board rules).

You created a learning experience for others because you helpfully reported your ( ) results .

Note: YOU can edit (trim) any of your own posts to a minimum length, but consider the above.
If you find you have posed erroneous advice, consider using a strikeout tag pair around the erroneous words so (later viewing) folk can see the retraction.
you will have to hand type [strike] and the closing tag. there is no icon for this
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
If you are only going to be viewing them from calibre (not copying onto reader device), you'd do better to convert them to epub as calibre' viewer is an epub viewer and will automatically convert any other format to epub for displaying.

You can also have the benefit (if you're so inclined) to then open epub with sigil and tweak any faults
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.htm zip view abort