Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
isaacsu
isaacsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Kindle DXG can't open alt-311 page

Hi,

I have a Kindle DXG running 2.5.8. I haven't been able to get it to connect to the 3G network.

Initially, I tried to perform an alt-311 to manually select a network. The page froze at "scanning for mobile networks" message even after many hours.

So I tried to do a factory reset, and a hard reset.

After the reset, now I can't even access the alt-311 page. When I try to type alt-311, nothing comes up.

If it is any help, the alt-411 page shows a blank IMSI: number and "Roaming Version Number: -1".

If anyone has encountered a similar situation and is able to help me, I will be most grateful.

Also, if anyone requires more information, please don't hesitate to request it. I'm more than happy to oblige.

Thank you.

Last edited by isaacsu; 06-18-2012 at 08:24 PM.
isaacsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacsu View Post
Hi,

I have a Kindle DXG running 2.5.8. I haven't been able to get it to connect to the 3G network.

Initially, I tried to perform an alt-311 to manually select a network. The page froze at "scanning for mobile networks" message even after many hours.

So I tried to do a factory reset, and a hard reset.

After the reset, now I can't even access the alt-311 page. When I try to type alt-311, nothing comes up.

If it is any help, the alt-411 page shows a blank IMSI: number and "Roaming Version Number: -1".

If anyone has encountered a similar situation and is able to help me, I will be most grateful.

Also, if anyone requires more information, please don't hesitate to request it. I'm more than happy to oblige.

Thank you.
On my working 2.5.8 DXG, I have to be in the Settings menu for alt-311 and alt-411 to work. After pressing Home they do nothing. Are you in the settings menu when you try them?

Alt-411 does show a numeric IMSI.

Alt-311 warns about losing connection. Okay. Scanning... Still scanning... This worked on the older firmware. Now I will have to wait and see... I will report back. Okay, after about 5 minutes it came back with a list of 3 providers. There was a checkmark next to the slowest 2G network. I chose Automatic... Hmm... Now it shows a weaker signal. Maybe the 2G was stronger. ???

Anyway, they work for me...

I suppose that it is POSSIBLE that your IMSI got blanked. Did you call amazon support to see if they can help you?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert