Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #511
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Since this thread was resorected, I will say that in the USA, you cannot buy the proper eBook version of Wool. You can only buy the Kindle in Motion version. Hell of a crappy version and it's like 800MB. The KiM version replaced the real version on Amazon and Hugh Howey is in bed with Amazon and has pulled the ePub version. Being in bed with Amazon has screwed over everyone who wants to by the real eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:28 AM   #512
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since this thread was resorected, I will say that in the USA, you cannot buy the proper eBook version of Wool. You can only buy the Kindle in Motion version. Hell of a crappy version and it's like 800MB. The KiM version replaced the real version on Amazon and Hugh Howey is in bed with Amazon and has pulled the ePub version. Being in bed with Amazon has screwed over everyone who wants to by the real eBook.
He has links on his website to most/all of his books also making them available for purchase (DRM-free) from e-junkie.com

As for the Kindle version, shrug. As the author it's his right to publish his books the way he decides. I just downloaded the Omnibus for transfer via USB to my Kindle Touch and it's a 41.1MB AZW3 file. I also downloaded it with Kindle for PC and got the same thing a 41.1MB AZW3. Fairly large sure, but not some 800MB KiM behemoth. KiM only works (& downloads to) iOS & Android apps and some Fire's depending on model.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 04-20-2017 at 12:30 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #513
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you ever think he is in bed with Amazon because they made him a fabulous deal?
Oh and while I love Hugh Howey, I am allergic to his books.
Oh Hugh, if you read this, when can I expect Pollen?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote