Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I think we can safely say that we've gotten you hooked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yup, I think we've go AnemicOak thoroughly hooked.
Oh, without a doubt I'm hooked.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #17
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
All is good then.

NEXT!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #18
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Has anyone else finished the e-ARC of _Ghost Ship_? More cliffhangers!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #19
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Joykins, you are a tease! Budget says no eArcs this summer.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #20
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm trying to resist getting the ARC - though it is hard to do.

I'll probably succumb...
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #21
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I'm trying to resist getting the ARC - though it is hard to do.

I'll probably succumb...
I'm holding out for the release by buying up the chapbooks they released on Amazon that I didn't have. Of course, by the time I get done doing that, I'll have spent the same money as the eArc...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #22
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I cannot resist the e-ARCs because Miller and Lee always leave me hanging! I think I threw a fit when I finished _Saltation_ and it ended in the exact same scene as _I Dare_!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ghost Ship went up on Webscriptions today in case anyone's been waiting...
http://www.webscription.net/p-1413-ghost-ship.aspx

Also the freebie short story Intelligent Design went up on the Baen homepage today...
http://www.baen.com/IntelligentDesign.asp

Old 07-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #24
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Ah, thank you very much for that information!

I started reading the story and it sucked me right back into the Liaden universe.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Just a heads up for anyone who was waiting for The Crystal Variation, it's now up for purchase and download...
http://www.webscription.net/p-1448-t...variation.aspx

...this is the last of the omnibus editions Baen has been doing and contains Crystal Soldier, Crystal Dragon and Balance of Trade.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #26
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Ok.. I had picked up a couple of the Liaden series and *finally* yesterday started "Agent of Change". Basically read non-stop until last night to finish it.

Ok, I'm sold.. I do hope Val and Miri are recurring characters (yes, I know they are). "Conflict of Honors" loaded on the ereader. According to Sharon Lee's website there really isn't any reading order and I've got the first three that were written and I'll try them in that order (Agent of Change, Conflict of Honors, Carpe Diem).
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #27
Joykins
Wizard

I think it helps to read the "Agent" sequence in order of writing.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #28
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Well, thanks a lot folks....

I'm officially hooked on the Liaden series. I've spent the last three days working my way through the three books mentioned above. Still haven't finished Carpe Diem, but I'll probably finish it tomorrow. Now to decide what to pick up next. Thinking of picking the first two that Xanthe recommended (Local Custom and Scout's Progress) and then work through the rest. Loving the characters, and even enjoying the Romance.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #29
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Well, I'd be strongly inclined, at this point, to drop back and read how it all came to be. Especially since Crystal Variation just released on Webscriptions a few days ago, and is an omnibus of the first three books in the timeline.

Of course, by now I've read them all at least a couple of times, so I'm not sure my perspective is completely accurate for a new reader. But I still think it's useful to get the pre-story at this point.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #30
Kymmmm
Connoisseur
Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Kymmmm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color and Simple Touch
I adore these books but find the order/website really confusing especially all the ShortStories. I am not familiar with the terms chapbooks/ARCs. I wish they would collect all the short stories togeether and just sell them in complete books and sets for us dummies!

Kym
Kymmmm is offline   Reply With Quote