Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #226
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
How do you tell when your favorite author is due out with a new book?
I use Author Alerts which allows you to list any authors you are interested in, and then sends you alerts for any new upcoming releases. There's a UK (and French) version of the site too.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #227
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
How do you tell when your favorite author is due out with a new book?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Read4Fun View Post
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/

This site allows you to look up an author and see what books they have published and what books are "coming soon". I'm sure there are other sites as well.
Posted above me.
Apache
Old 05-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #228
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Just added a couple more fiction reads for May challenge. Widowmaker by Paul Doiron , he has a new book coming out next month, I'll want to read that one too. Also A Stranger in the Kingdom by Howard Frank Mosher. I've read other books by these authors and have been some of my favorites.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #229
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm doing really great on my challenge. 22/40 books read, so according to Goodreads I'm eight books ahead of schedule. This is mostly due to audiobooks but still I'm happy.

I've also finished more than half my spring challenge. I've read The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie (and the next Christie after too) and I've started on my other spring challenge book, The Importance of Living by Lin Yutang.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #230
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I use Author Alerts which allows you to list any authors you are interested in, and then sends you alerts for any new upcoming releases. There's a UK (and French) version of the site too.
Hmm, did not know about Author Alerts. Interesting resource. Used to hate walking into book stores only to find me several books behind, like to keep on top of these things.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #231
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was two books short of my April challenge ( about one per week) I made up for them in May. So I'm pleased with my May challenge so far of six books read. All fiction though , but one, need to read more non fiction next.

Last edited by Wearever; 05-23-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:36 AM   #232
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I'm still not doing terrific with non-American authors, but my flight into fantasy has been very successful. Science fiction has jumped to 15% of my total reading for the year. Beyond that, all other goals keep trucking along.
Well, its that time again. I'm up to 39 books and 34 short stories. I'm still not doing great with the US/Non-US author goal, but I do have US authors down to 42% of my total. Japan comes in second with English authors a distant third.

I still only have three 5-star books. At this rate, I am going to struggle to fill out my year-end top 10.

How is everyone else doing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pages June 17.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	157126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Genre June 17.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	157127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Country June 17.PNG
Views:	166
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	157128  
Old 05-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #233
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've lost ground on my challenge in April. I shall have to do much better in May.
I did much better in May!

My TBR is now down by 11 over the start of the year. I still need to do a lot better in the next seven months to reach my TBR reduction goal.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 AM   #234
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Despite being in a bit of a reading funk for the first half of the month I did well the second half, mostly due to a vacation week and a couple of good books. I ended up reading a bit more than average. Which also put me slightly ahead of average for the year so far.

For summer I've decided to focus on my series and see if I can make some progress with those. I always seem to finish a bunch of them at the same time and selecting new series a bunch at the time. I have to see if I can plan it so that it's a bit more spread.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:05 AM   #235
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I actually finished May with my TBR down by 12 over the start of the year. (I finished another book last night.)
Old 06-04-2017, 06:23 AM   #236
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
The month of May has gone. I had my TBR at 969 Ebooks and 21 Pbooks in the beginning of the year, and by now I have 926 Ebooks and 19 Pbooks on hand. Which means a total of 45 books read so far. Satisfactory enough against my target of 100 books for the current year. The sad part of the game is, there was only one book in 45 which I rated with 5 stars. Something is either going wrong with my selection, or I am becoming more careless in my choice lately.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #237
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Still keeping up with my challenge as of May
Old 06-08-2017, 07:17 PM   #238
Wearever
Wizard

Just added two more non fiction books to my June Challenge. The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin, and Last Hope Island by Lynne Olson. Enjoyed both.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #239
Wearever
Wizard

Doing well so far for my June challenge, two more fiction books added , although one was a short story,100 pages. The Bear Trap by Paul Doiron is a free short story, and a great campfire read. Also includes sample of his new book. Also a free prime selection this month, an interesting thriller Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine Enjoyed both .
Old 06-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #240
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm 13 books behind for the year, but do have shorter ones coming up in July. Hopefully that will catch me up some. On the plus side, I've knocked off 11 of the 65 pre-2012 purchased books/audiobooks. I have two left from 2009, so great progress there. While one is standalone, the other is book 4 of a series of which I've only listened to book 1. I have 2 and 3 back now (They disappeared out of my Apple library again). Yes, I now have DRM free versions on computer and backup.

Currently finishing off a cozy, Dying for a Donut by Cindy Sample and listening to Alcatraz and The Evil Librarians by Brian Sanderson. I just finished listening to Starswarm by Jerry Pourelle. Despite being part of a series, it is a standalone and excellent!
Closed Thread