Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 06:08 AM   #46
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
I like something with a supernatural element to get those hairs on the back of the neck raising. Best one I've read recently is Letters To The Damned by Austin Crawley. Had some real chills in that one!

Nothing like a haircut to get those hairs removed, buddy.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #47
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Wonder if that's a pseudonym? Sounds suspiciously close to Aleister Crowley .
I assume so.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #48
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Another scary Dan Simmons book is his historical/horror novel, "The Terror" (2007). It's being adapted as an AMC TV series, starring Jared Harris as Capt. Crozier.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3974.The_Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Horror movies just do not scare me. My first wife liked them and I had to take her to see them. They are mostly boring to me. And stupid. I remember watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and one scene was particularly stupid. A woman was being chased by a man with a chainsaw. (go figure) and she runs into a barn. He follows her in and she hits him with a two by four. He falls to the ground stunned, she drops the board and runs out of the barn. He stands up, picks up the chain saw and the chase resumes. She should have picked up the chain saw and carved him into tiny pieces.
I was startled in a horror movie once. I took my wife to see Carrie and when the hand shot out of the ground a girl in to seats over jumped to her feet screaming at the top of her lungs. She tried to run, but her boyfriend grabbed her and threw her back into her seat. He then had to reach across and grab the other armrest to keep her there. She just kept throwing herself at his arm trying to get to her feet. Meanwhile she kept screaming. This scared everyone in the theater.
Apache
RE: Stupid horror flicks
I like the Wayans Brothers' (and other comic writers') send offs of these

RE: The woman's overreaction while watching "Carrie", which spooked other moviegoers
LOL!

Last edited by Froide; 04-24-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #49
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I've been sitting here trying to remember the name of some I'd read not so long ago, even browsed through my books on Goodreads... then after about 15 minutes of puzzling over it I realized that they weren't books, they were stories on the NoSleep subreddit.

A direct link sorted by highest rated posts of all time.

They also do ebooks.

For those who aren't familiar, people post their original stories, and the rule is that commenters must respond as though the stories are true. That leads to some very interesting discussions. But one doesn't need to read comments to enjoy the stories there.

I'm a long-time horror fan, and some of the scariest, creepiest stuff I've read is on there.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote