Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo stated that 3.2.0 will be for the Touch, Glo, Aura HD and Aura.

I keep asking them about the Mini, but I haven't had a reply.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:00 AM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kobo stated that 3.2.0 will be for the Touch, Glo, Aura HD and Aura.

I keep asking them about the Mini, but I haven't had a reply.
well, I may volunteer as guineapig for sideloading on the Mini - the ability to highlight across page is very very welcome!

Thanks for the update davidfor!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #18
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Does anyone have any more details on the updated multi-touch gestures for the Aura please?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #19
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@davidfor:

Although I'll quickly test myself when 3.2.0 is finally available, do you know if the following issues have been solved?
  • Pdf navigation in landscape mode.
  • page-break-avoid, widows and orphans, @page (other CSS properties?) being ignored in ACCESS...
  • The extra spacing around some punctuation symbols (..., em dash, ) when justifying in ACCESS

(I'm not going to ask you about other more exotic issues I've also posted about and which can border the preference line... I'll also test them nevertheless).
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #20
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Impatient to test it and see if the wifi issue is solved. Currently refreshing the "Direct links to firmware" topic to see it appear :-)
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #21
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Any idea if this update includes the dreaded RMSDK 10?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #22
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Why would that be dreaded?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
RMSDK 10 in conjuction with ADE 3 changes how DRM works. See this thread.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
@davidfor:

Although I'll quickly test myself when 3.2.0 is finally available, do you know if the following issues have been solved?
  • Pdf navigation in landscape mode.
I'd completely forgotten about that problem. But, I am very happy to say that it is fixed.
Quote:
  • page-break-avoid, widows and orphans, @page (other CSS properties?) being ignored in ACCESS...
Unless I messed up my test case, that hasn't changed. I only tried the widows and orphans.
Quote:
  • The extra spacing around some punctuation symbols (..., em dash, ) when justifying in ACCESS
I remember the discussion on this. I don't have a test case to show it one way or another.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #25
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
That's a question that interests me as well.

How would one know if the new firmware now (or whenever) has RMDSK 10 relativity. (If 'relativity' is not the way to describe it, then please acknowledge I'm just trying to figure out how to say it).
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seem to recall from the main ADE 3.0 thread that RMSDK for Linux environments had not even been released yet.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #27
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
That's a question that interests me as well.

How would one know if the new firmware now (or whenever) has RMDSK 10 relativity. (If 'relativity' is not the way to describe it, then please acknowledge I'm just trying to figure out how to say it).
Well hopefully the first sign of an updated RMSDK will be that the long paragraph bug disappears.

RMSDK 10 will allow books with the new Adobe DRM to be read, but it won't have any affect on whether the books you download have the new or old DRM (that is determined by which version of ADE you use to download the book, and choice of server settings by the retailer, not by the Kobo firmware).

So as I understand it there should be nothing to lose by having an update to RMSDK 10, and potentially something to gain in the form of bug fixes and new features.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:13 AM   #28
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I seem to recall from the main ADE 3.0 thread that RMSDK for Linux environments had not even been released yet.
That's true. Even if it has been released to Kobo, it is probably much too soon for them to include it and test/recertify etc.

Given Kobo aren't reliant on Adobe for DRM, I can also imagine they won't rush to include RMSDK 10.

Having said all that, I'd still be interested to know!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:24 AM   #29
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
RMSDK 10 will allow books with the new Adobe DRM to be read, but it won't have any affect on whether the books you download have the new or old DRM (that is determined by which version of ADE you use to download the book, and choice of server settings by the retailer, not by the Kobo firmware).
That's true, but once readers start to roll out support for the new Adobe DRM it will be easier for Adobe/the publishers to make the case for forcing the hardened DRM to be turned on at the servers.

At the moment they can't make that case at all.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #30
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'd completely forgotten about that problem. But, I am very happy to say that it is fixed.
AT LAST!!!!!

A pity that ignored CSS attributes still exist...

Nevertheless, it seemed an imminent FW deployment but Kobo seems to have taken a step back. Does anyone know something?
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote