Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
New Bebook Club available

The new Bebook Club is out now and available.

What do you think of the e-reader? Will it be a good buy against, for example, the new OYO?

Best regards,

Luke
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
No. The Club may have a better screen than the Oyo (Vizplex vs. Sipix), but for the rest the specs of the Oyo are much better (WiFi, touchscreen), and the Oyo is 40 euros cheaper. Looks like Bebook have lost their sense of reality. True, their products are state-of-the-art, but their prices are last year's.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Maybe it was different end-2010, but I just looked at tthe Club and was surprised at the price: €149 (= OYO) and more reader formats (non-DRM Mobi, FB2, as well as the rest).

To each his/her own, but for me:

(1) WiFi = who cares

(2) eInk touch-screen just won't compare to an iPad, so why bother?
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Yes, with the current prices the Club is a better buy than the Oyo.

Now it's the Neo that's far too expensive: EUR 269. That is EUR 120 more than the Club, and all you get for that extra money is a touchscreen and Wifi. The Neo should not cost more than EUR 200.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #5
jorlin
jorlin began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Club
Wifi is only a good feature when the energy consumption can be reduced to zero when not switched on. Else this feature defeats one of the main advantages of an e-book reader, the low energy consumption and through this: long battery life.

Touch screens can provide more intuitive user interfaces and give an added extra with the possibility to make annotations.
Again this comes at a price in both price-tag and energy consumption/ battery life.
Most of the touch screens have a more reflective screen as well, making them harder to read in sunlight. I don't know if this is the case with the Neo, as I have only made a comparison in artificial light.
I have bought the Club instead of the Neo for these reasons.

Both the Neo and the Club have excellent file-format support compared to their competitors.
I do like the form-factor of the Oyo

Cons for the Club:
- I still think it's a shame not to take advantage of the new eInk Pearl technology, resulting in a grey-ish background that can result in a contrast which is too low to read comfortably, This goes especially for PDF's.
This will of course result in a (slightly) higher price-tag, but the quality and usability would have been higher.

- The page flipping buttons require quite a hard press to react properly plus they are a bit small, resulting in an awkward hand position for some while operating the buttons.
I would have made them higher (seen from portrait perspective) and would have moved the menu buttons (back, home) more to the top of the device

- All the buttons make a distracting 'click' sound.

Last edited by jorlin; 04-22-2011 at 06:19 AM.
jorlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert