Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #286
please55
Connoisseur
please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I highly doubt this is due to a patch, as none touch anything to do with the battery info. My 3 Kobos are all patched and have not needed to be charged for the last 2 weeks (with WiFi off and ~1h reading per day), and are all reporting the battery level correctly.
Similar use case here as well. I will try a second test. Currently Clara HD is reporting 1% and I'll see how long it lasts. Wifi is off but I do use the backlight.

This is actually my second Clara HD with the same issue. I sent back the first one thinking it might be the hardware.
please55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #287
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
A brief progress report. First of all, thank you FrustratedReader for the detailed explanations. However, after allowing the Kobo to discharge slowly and then fully charge it, the charging indicator seems to be working normally again. Whether it is hardware or software, it therefore seems that complete discharge/charge cycles are required for this indicator to reflect the reality of battery charging.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #288
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Probably buggy software.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:55 AM   #289
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
Whether it is hardware or software, it therefore seems that complete discharge/charge cycles are required for this indicator to reflect the reality of battery charging.
Sounds like the charge controller needed to be reset / trained.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:21 AM   #290
ururk
ururk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Not too sure if this is the right topic, but is anyone having trouble waking their Formas up sometimes? Periodically I’ll wake my Forma up - it will show the swipe up box - but swiping up does nothing. Wish I could ssh into it to see what is going on.
ururk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2019, 09:21 AM   #291
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
No, the reason I haven't bothered getting rid of the swipe to open on my Forma is because it works. Unlike Nooks where it almost always takes at least a couple tries.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #292
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ururk View Post
Not too sure if this is the right topic, but is anyone having trouble waking their Formas up sometimes? Periodically I’ll wake my Forma up - it will show the swipe up box - but swiping up does nothing. Wish I could ssh into it to see what is going on.
You can use patch to completely remove swiping to unlock.

I would highly recommend to check the patch thread to see if there is some other patches that are usable to you. Easy to install & remove.

Last edited by forster01; 03-19-2019 at 10:23 AM.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #293
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Sounds like the charge controller needed to be reset / trained.
I was thinking something similar.

Sometimes that's the case, that if the charge indication is crazy, one complete cycle fixes it. Nothing to do with the actual cell(s). It is the charge controller (a mix of SW & HW and on traditiional laptop detachable packs, a cpu in the battery that monitors each cell) that is is getting "corrected".
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote