Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
bcarrancho
bcarrancho began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Why won't image resize when in Kindle DX

Hi there,
Not sure if this has been discussed before. I did have a look through many threads but couldn't find anything.
I have one problem in that i use an image as a scene break in my book which i scale using css like this.
.scene {
height: auto;
width: 8%
}
This works perfectly for all kindle except Kindle and kindle dx. where it displays the image in it's actual size.
Is there a reason why this happens? Does kindle dx not like the css?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
bcarrancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
In the old mobi-only format (which is what the DX is limited to), image sizes can only be specified in pixels.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
bcarrancho
bcarrancho began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you so much for that. A good and simple answer.
Thank you.
bcarrancho is offline   Reply With Quote