Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
DaniQK
DaniQK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Next Gen
Unhappy Kindle Needs Repair

Evening Just registered because I am having problems with my new Kindle Paperwhite and I was hoping y'all could please help me. The issue is: the Kindle displays a 'Your Kindle Needs Repair' screen and will not enter the home screen. Anything I can do to get into it again? It is brand new, and I have no experience in rooting so nothing was done to it.
Thank you kindly
DaniQK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'd contact Amazon if I were you. If it's new they will replace it.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
If it's new, then it's still under warranty. Contact Amazon and they should be able to replace it for you.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniQK View Post
Evening Just registered because I am having problems with my new Kindle Paperwhite and I was hoping y'all could please help me. The issue is: the Kindle displays a 'Your Kindle Needs Repair' screen and will not enter the home screen. Anything I can do to get into it again? It is brand new, and I have no experience in rooting so nothing was done to it.
Thank you kindly
It looks like you got defective unit. A few others have experience this. You need to contact Kindle Support and they will send you a replacement. However if you just bought it from the Local store I recommend exchanging it there instead.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
DaniQK
DaniQK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Next Gen
Thank you all, really appreciate it. I contacted Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. Also, just thought I'd mention that I was super impressed with Amazon's customer service!
DaniQK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
And we all hope that you will be impressed by how long the kindle lasts. Mine is going on fifteen months.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help please, kindle, repair, thank you