Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless
purple_kathryn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Creating Collections on Sony Reader

I am sorry if this has been asked several times before, I 've tried a search and couldn't really see what it was I was looking for

Essentially all I want is simple instructions on how to use calibre to put my books into collections on my e-reader.

I have a sony reader PRS350 and all was quite well until the e-reader software lost the left menu and I tried updating it. Now I have this awful reader for PC software, which as far as I can tell is based on the idea that people like to look at their book covers and don't really care about being able to manage their books.

and well I had all my books in various collections (eg star trek), but couldn't access them with the reader for pc software. Did a hard reboot thinking I could create collections on the reader for PC software and sync them. But no. So I've seen some people here suggesting just do it through calibre.

purple_kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I wrote this detailed step-by-step some time ago for using calibre to create Sony Collections and to see Series info on the reader. It's long but no technical knowledge is assumed. Hope it helps
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless

It does thank you very much
Old 09-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Jackie helped me set up my T1 years ago and it is still working with no problems. It is a great guide!

Last edited by jersysman; 09-13-2013 at 06:44 PM.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
purple_kathryn
Mostly harmless

I started off with over 1000 collections although I had tried to go in and edit the meta data in bulk

Im down to 600 odd although I can find the collections I'm looking for going alphabetically. I might decide to go through and tidy it up a bit. A bit happier.

Really annnoyed about the updated sony software though. I don't really need to do anything really complicated with my books and I was happily dragging, dropping, dragging, dropping. Done. Could slap whoever redesigned it.
Advert