Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Bigwilliestyle
Bigwilliestyle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Adjusting brightness and contrast, entire screen not changing

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new Sony PRS-T1 on sale at Best Buy. I love the device and haven't really had any issues with it until now. When I go to adjust the brightness/contrast settings, if I choose anything other than the original settings, the perimeter of the screen does not change. The inside of the screen adjusts, however there is a perimeter about 3mm wide on the sides that is unchanged. On the bottom of the screen, about 1cm of the screen is unchanged. I'm not sure if I am explaining this well enough, but it looks sort of like a box inside a box. Does this happen on all PRS-T1's or is mine different? I can post pics if needed.

Thanks!
Bigwilliestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwilliestyle View Post
if I choose anything other than the original settings, the perimeter of the screen does not change.
B, Scroll down at this User Guide Page .
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
leo_CR
leo_CR began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Well, now you mention, I can't see a difference between original and saturation... do you happen the same?
leo_CR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brightness, contrast, problems, screen, sony prs t1