Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 04:17 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Lost access to DropBox on iPad2

I use an oldish second hand iPad 2, which I mainly use for Facebook and for checking the ebooks I design.

I am testing the latest ePub ebook I've designed, and have loaded it to Dropbox via my Windows 10 computer. I know it's there because I can open it and read it, and because I've downloaded it from Dropbox to my Levovo tablet with Calibre Companion.

But when I try to to download it into Bluefire Reader I get an error message 'The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1003.) I've downloaded many ebooks into Bluefire in the past using this method.

And when I open the Dropbox app on the iPad to download the file into iBooks although Dropbox shows the several other ebooks I've downloaded in this way it doesn't show the one I uploaded this afternoon. When I try to download an old file again I get the message 'Couldn't Load File.' When I select the icon above with the page and up pointing arrow I get the message 'Export Failed Dropbox was unable to download the file.'

What is going on? How do I fix this problem? Is there any other way of loading ebooks into iBooks and Bluefire from my computer without going through Dropbox?

Do I need to delete the Dropbox app and reinstall it? If so, how?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem is worse than I thought. I can't get access to the internet, and I can't get any access to and of the Settings options.
Advert
Old 03-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE, Kobo Glo HD, Kindle PW3
Have you tried rebooting your iPad? Thats always my first go-to when something stops working as it ought to. My power/home button gets a workout every so often and it seems to do the trick.

There's no logical reason for you not to be able to access your dropbox files or the internet (and especially settings) so I'd go for the hard reboot first and see if that gets some function back.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:38 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard

Thanks.

I had a lot going on in my life at the time, so just put the iPad aside for several days. By the time I got back to it the battery had gone down to zero. I recharged it overnight meaning to take it to the local Apple store, and it came back to life with full access to the internet. That might perhaps be the equivalent of rebooting?

For future reference how does one reboot an iPad?
Old 04-01-2016, 06:59 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks.

I had a lot going on in my life at the time, so just put the iPad aside for several days. By the time I got back to it the battery had gone down to zero. I recharged it overnight meaning to take it to the local Apple store, and it came back to life with full access to the internet. That might perhaps be the equivalent of rebooting?

For future reference how does one reboot an iPad?
Hold in the power button until you get the "slide to power off" message, then swipe the screen to turn the device off. Wait about 30s (it takes quite a while to power down completely) and then press the power button again to turn it back on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2016, 05:44 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hold in the power button until you get the "slide to power off" message, then swipe the screen to turn the device off. Wait about 30s (it takes quite a while to power down completely) and then press the power button again to turn it back on.
Thanks, Harry