Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-25-2020, 02:33 AM   #1
qwertyuio
Enthusiast
qwertyuio began at the beginning.

Device: none
Add a custom directory column

Is it possible to add a column that refers to a directory? I would like to add a column that has the click to open functionality like the Path metadata when displayed in Book Details. I know I could just store the path in a text column but needing to copy and paste the path into the file manager is inconvenient.

The reason I want to store a path is so that for some books I can store the location where I store additional materials related to the book such as my own notes, downloaded source code for the examples, code for my solutions to problems in the book. It would be most convenient if I could store the path to the location I store the additional materials, and be able to click the path in Calibre to open the directory.
qwertyuio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you put it into a long text column as a file URI, then you can click it in Book Details panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-25 182417.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	182975

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-25 181122.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	182974

To make the Book List tidier I mask long text columns such as #link/Link with a column icon. And I find it easier to edit cells in the Book List than the Metadata Edit dialogue.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert