Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #76
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post
However, the screen on the second is yellow at the top, blue at the bottom. The first one was an even yellow tint.
That happened to me too, but the other way round (the first one has the dual coloured screen, the second one has an even screen). So far, you're the first I noticed saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, it is a manufacturing problem, but luckily not that common. A few people have reported getting two or three that had the issue. I had the same issue with the Glo I bought last year. I tested the replacement in the shop as part of the exchange. And I would have kept testing until I found a fault free one.
Someone offered me to open the box just after check out to avoid having to come back if something was wrong, again, with the screen. Maybe you can try that toolio since you'll have to go back to the store to get a refund

Somehow, it reminds me of the first Paperwhite batches. Many people had to do several exchanges before having an even, bright spots free screen. And now everyone seems to enjoy their Paperwhites
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #77
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I lucked out with the Aura I got last Friday: its' lighting is flawless :-)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #78
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
My mum bought a Kobo Glo today, and I had a good look at the screen while setting it up - perfect, just like mine.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #79
domani7
Enthusiast
domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: nook
I want to just pull my hair out at this point. Kobo did give me a return, but they also rebilled me for the same amount. So there's a sale, a return, and a rebilling. It's as if I never got the return. Obviously, this means another dispute and another headache. How long am I going to keep doing this? Will I still be doing this in a month, in 6 months? arrrgh.
domani7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #80
domani7
Enthusiast
domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
Yes, if anyone here is lacking some stress or aggravation in their life.. Just buy a Kobo and try dealing with a return and their customer service.. That will get you out of the doldrums!
Just take your meds before contacting Kobo.. And you will be good to go..
Doug. .
Yeah pretty much!
domani7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #81
readsforfun
readsforfun began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
I bought one 4 days ago and gave it a test run. I was pretty happy, then I noticed a dead pixel. Returned it no problem for a new one. Same thing except this one is a lot more obvious! And there is a second dead pixel on this newer one a little less obvious. So here I am with the second one worse than the first. Not sure whether to go try a third? I was really wanting one of these but now very doubtful. Not sure what to do?! So I researched on the internet for a problem like mine and found this thread. I registered just so I can leave a comment here. Any suggestions? Thx!
readsforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #82
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by readsforfun View Post
I bought one 4 days ago and gave it a test run. I was pretty happy, then I noticed a dead pixel. Returned it no problem for a new one. Same thing except this one is a lot more obvious! And there is a second dead pixel on this newer one a little less obvious. So here I am with the second one worse than the first. Not sure whether to go try a third? I was really wanting one of these but now very doubtful. Not sure what to do?! So I researched on the internet for a problem like mine and found this thread. I registered just so I can leave a comment here. Any suggestions? Thx!

I think you'll be very happy once you get an Aura with no flaws. Go with the baseball mentality and go for three swings. If you strike out a third time, well, you just have bad luck scoring one of these devices. If that's the case just go with a Glo
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #83
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by readsforfun View Post
I bought one 4 days ago and gave it a test run. I was pretty happy, then I noticed a dead pixel. Returned it no problem for a new one. Same thing except this one is a lot more obvious! And there is a second dead pixel on this newer one a little less obvious. So here I am with the second one worse than the first. Not sure whether to go try a third?
Any suggestions? Thx!
Try returning the 2nd one and buying from a different retailer. Totally speculation on my part, but since people posting here that get a bad one seem to end up getting a bad replacement too, my thought is there are a few bad batches floating around. Trying a different retailer might get you one from a different and hopefully good batch. Worth it when you get a good one.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #84
readsforfun
readsforfun began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Thanks for all the suggestions! will give these a try.
readsforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #85
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Has anyone noticed that occasionally the bottom line in the stats box when reading a book sometimes cuts off the bottoms of the words on the last line in the book. Almost like taking a small sheet of paper to cover the bottom of the words.

Regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:20 AM   #86
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by domani7 View Post
I want to just pull my hair out at this point. Kobo did give me a return, but they also rebilled me for the same amount. So there's a sale, a return, and a rebilling. It's as if I never got the return. Obviously, this means another dispute and another headache. How long am I going to keep doing this? Will I still be doing this in a month, in 6 months? arrrgh.
Might be quicker to call your credit card company and have them charge it back..

regards

JAck
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #87
sos_sifou
sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well guys, if you do have a bright spot (as I do on my kobo glo) try to look at it in a different angle with full brightness (preferably in a dark room), on my screen, the text under the bright spot (or dead pixel as many members call it) is perfectly fine, so it isn't really a dead pixel, the problem is in the light layer which contains this random bright spots (i have two of them) that's why using the reader without the front light won't let you spot any dead or missed pixels. I can live with it

Seif Eddine
sos_sifou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #88
Cybrand
Cybrand began at the beginning.

7 Kobo Auras with bright spots...

Hallo,

I've had 7 different Kobo Auras with bright spots, and 2 with uneven lighting. The first 4 I've ordered via Coolblue.nl, who where so kind to let me return all of them and gave me my money back. The other 3 where ordered via Wehkamp.nl, I've just returned the seventh Kobo Aura today...
Most stupid is that I have the Sleepcover for some weeks now, but no ereader
If someone will ask me if I can recommend the Kobo Aura, I'm sure what to answer hehe

Greetings from Holland,
Sybrand
Cybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #89
sos_sifou
sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.sos_sifou knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybrand View Post
Hallo,

I've had 7 different Kobo Auras with bright spots, and 2 with uneven lighting. The first 4 I've ordered via Coolblue.nl, who where so kind to let me return all of them and gave me my money back. The other 3 where ordered via Wehkamp.nl, I've just returned the seventh Kobo Aura today...
Most stupid is that I have the Sleepcover for some weeks now, but no ereader
If someone will ask me if I can recommend the Kobo Aura, I'm sure what to answer hehe

Greetings from Holland,
Sybrand
I just don't know how you people are able to return things more than two times! Living in a place where you can't return anything (specially for a bright spot...), no money back and a warranty of two days only covers a completely not working device, i don't understand how your local dealers are working!
Most of your returned gadgets are sold in my country, AS A NEW PRODUCT AND TWICE THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR IT.

Greetings from the freaking Algeria :banghead:
sos_sifou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #90
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sos_sifou View Post
I just don't know how you people are able to return things more than two times! Living in a place where you can't return anything (specially for a bright spot...), no money back and a warranty of two days only covers a completely not working device, i don't understand how your local dealers are working!
Most of your returned gadgets are sold in my country, AS A NEW PRODUCT AND TWICE THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR IT.

Greetings from the freaking Algeria :banghead:
harsh! hope things won't stay this way forever because that is really tough.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote