Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-16-2021, 07:02 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
WRITERS - Softmaker Office Pro (2021) suite is 60% off

If you need an excellent office suite, then I urge you to at least look at Softmaker Office Pro (2021). It's 60% off, which means the sale price is $39.95

NOTE: This is the downloadable version, and not a subscription plan.

Paintshop Pro (2021) is FREE with the offer.

Here's the link:

https://www.softmaker.com/en/softmaker-office-promotion

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-16-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:31 AM   #2
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I was tempted until I saw that the downloadable version does not include the Android version. Also, the fact the special offer in that link offers it to me in my currency at the equivalent of $98US made it less appealing still. Disappointing, as I'd like a polished cross-platform alternative to MSO
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2021, 01:24 PM   #3
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Clara HD. FBreader on Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Nokia 3.1
Here it says about €99 full, upgrade €59
LinuxArie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxArie View Post
Here it says about €99 full, upgrade €59
The $39.95 must be a US-only offer, since we were both offered not dissimilar prices
Old 06-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #5
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I'm in the US, and it shows me US$ 99.95. It does show the PaintShop Pro 2021 free offer, but not $39.95 for the main package.

Maybe it's a Peru-only offer
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2021, 05:14 PM   #6
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've used this software for years, going back to the 2016 version. It is excellent, a good substitute for MS Office, and handles MS files better than LibreOffice. The Android version was just released, and is free with a few more options you can add for .99 a month. I think right now they are still offering .99 for the entire first year subscription for Android version. It's also an excellent version and just like the desktop version. I don't need the additional Android options so haven't purchased it. Just using the free version of Android. They also have a free version of the desktop version: Freeoffice.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:47 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
The $39.95 must be a US-only offer, since we were both offered not dissimilar prices
That must be it. I'm in Peru, but I don't use that as my location. Rather, I use my own country: The U.S.A.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:48 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I'm in the US, and it shows me US$ 99.95. It does show the PaintShop Pro 2021 free offer, but not $39.95 for the main package.

Maybe it's a Peru-only offer

Now that's really strange.

One thing that occurred to me: I downloaded that version as a (30 day?) trial just to test it out. That was about 3-4 weeks ago. Perhaps that's the reason.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:08 AM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

One thing that occurred to me: I downloaded that version as a (30 day?) trial just to test it out. That was about 3-4 weeks ago. Perhaps that's the reason.
I keep getting emails from these guys for the FlexiPro PDF for (I think $19). I think they've also sent me steep discounts on the Office Suite. I think I tried out something from them once. I'm guessing the key to getting the discount is (as you say) the act of trying out one of their products.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:54 AM   #10
LinuxArie
Connoisseur
LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LinuxArie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Could be. When you download the free version (FreeOffice) and register then you can use the upgrade version of Softmaker Office (Pro)
Old 06-17-2021, 04:05 AM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Could be. When you download the free version (FreeOffice) and register then you can use the upgrade version of Softmaker Office (Pro)
I think that's what I downloaded, the free version. I don't even know why. I hardly ever use an office suite. I don't think it's installed any longer.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:30 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Which is what I did, but - as mentioned - it's 'upgrade' (Pro version) is only for a specified amount of time.

Their word processor is really very nice - the Free suite and the Pro Suite.

I ended up deleting everything but the Free aspect of the word processor.

I also have LibreOffice on my computer, but I think I prefer the elegance of Sofmaker's word processor. I'm not quite certain..

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-17-2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:27 AM   #13
LinuxArie
Connoisseur

I like LibreOffice. But FreeOffice / Softmaker Office has a better compatibility with ms office. If you have to deal with a lot of ms office documents then FreeOffice / Softmaker Office is the better choice.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:23 AM   #14
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
I like LibreOffice. But FreeOffice / Softmaker Office has a better compatibility with ms office. If you have to deal with a lot of ms office documents then FreeOffice / Softmaker Office is the better choice.
I have worked from home for the last 20 years or so, and during most of the last decade using LibreOffice, and in all that time, I have never had any compatibility issues with the MS Word docs and Excel spreadsheets sent to and from my various employers.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, I think you are correct - from my limited experience with both of these programs. (Thank you. )

ADDED: Uncle Robin has way more experience with LibreOffice than I do.