Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-03-2021, 08:30 PM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Walmart announced its 'Deals for Days' event will kick off June 20, a day before Amazon Prime Day 2021

Quote:
In response to Amazon Prime Day 2021, Walmart is holding a 'Deals for Days' event from June 20 to 23.

The sale kicks off a day before and ends a day after the duration of Amazon Prime Day.
Quote:
Though Amazon Prime Day is a deals holiday introduced by Amazon, other major retailers turn up for the event to drop their prices too, Walmart being one of them. This year, Walmart has announced it will be holding a Deal for Days event featuring great deals and online-exclusive discounts from June 20 to 23 — a day before and lasting a day longer than Amazon Prime Day.

Below, you'll find some of the best Walmart deals available now. We'll also answer your questions about the event, including a sneak peek at some of Walmart's upcoming Prime Day discounts.

more...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:36 AM   #32
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon Prime Plans
  • $119 ---- Prime Annual
  • $12.99 -- Prime Monthly
Those are the normal prices, not deal prices. Maybe they will offer a discount on the annual plan during Prime Days...
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #33
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I got this link off the main page for Amazon dot com.
Thanks. I am hoping for a wider selection as the day approaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are best to by a 24" computer monitor of at least 1440p resolution.
I like the idea of having a spare TV. I've been using a 24-inch TV with (I think) 720p resolution for years, and it's been fine. Unfortunately, the screen is damaged, so I need to replace it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #34
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks. I am hoping for a wider selection as the day approaches.
They will likely have more deals then. The ones I saw are pretty much the type of deals they offer all the time.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Those are the normal prices, not deal prices. Maybe they will offer a discount on the annual plan during Prime Days...
Yep, but I seriously doubt Amazon will discount it.
Advert
Old 06-04-2021, 12:52 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Target Deal Days is Back with 3 Days of Spellbinding Savings — No Membership Fee Required

Quote:
Prepare to be amazed: Target’s biggest digital sale of the summer returns to Target.com June 20-22, and it’s going to be refresh-your-space, update-your-wardrobe, stock-your-pantry, pamper-yourself-and-loved-ones magic. New this year, Target Deal Days will span three full days. That’s an extra 24 hours of even more savings across Target’s entire assortment — including food and beverage for the first time. And you’re in for plenty of additional perks, too, like Target’s safe, convenient same-day fulfillment services, 5% off digital GiftCards to help you gear up and more.

“Target Deal Days is bigger and better than ever for all guests, with more days and ways to save, including food and beverage deals this year,” says Christina Hennington, executive vice president and chief growth officer, Target. “Our industry-leading, safe and easy fulfillment options deliver same-day joy — with no waiting or membership fee required.”

more...
Old 06-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #37
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

Quote:
Yep, but I seriously doubt Amazon will discount it.
True, and if they do they won’t give us current members the discount anyway.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:13 PM   #38
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I like the idea of having a spare TV. I've been using a 24-inch TV with (I think) 720p resolution for years, and it's been fine. Unfortunately, the screen is damaged, so I need to replace it.
I'd suggest getting a 1080p screen if you can, as you can always run it at 720p resolution as a computer monitor. That'll give you a bit higher res if you need to use it as a TV.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:10 AM   #39
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

tubemonkey, not sure if you already mentioned this, but there are early Prime deals on movies and shows.

A couple of days ago I bought the 1960 movie “The Longest Day” for $4.99. Today I realized that was an early deal as it normally goes for $9.99.

Last edited by OtinG; 06-05-2021 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #40
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
True, and if they do they won’t give us current members the discount anyway.
I never could understand why companies like that always want to punish their good customers.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:37 AM   #41
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I'd suggest getting a 1080p screen if you can, as you can always run it at 720p resolution as a computer monitor. That'll give you a bit higher res if you need to use it as a TV.
Even though it's a need--I've been looking at a damaged screen for more than a month--I'm not really focused on specs; I just figure I'll buy whatever looks like a bargain and is a brand with which I'm familiar.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:00 AM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Go -- exp 22 Jun @ 11:59 pm PT

Amazon Go -- spend $15, get $5 off -- YMMV
Quote:
Spend $15 or more at an Amazon Go Store between June 2 - June 22 and get $5 off your purchase.

Customers must enter the store with a linked Amazon Prime account to receive the discount.

Amazon Go store locations
Got questions? We have answers.
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    How do I receive the discount?
    Simply spend $15 or more in a single purchase between June 2 and June 22, 2021 at Amazon Go locations and the discount will automatically be applied. Customers must enter the store with a linked Amazon Prime account to receive the credit. Limit one per customer. See all terms and conditions below.

Are any items excluded in the qualifying Amazon Go purchase of $15?
    Taxes and alcohol do not count toward the $15 minimum. See full terms and conditions below.

How do I know if I’ve received the $5 discount?
    The $5 discount will be automatically applied to qualifying purchases. When you receive the receipt from your transaction, you will see the promotional discount reflected.

Do I have to be a Prime member?
    Yes, this offer is exclusive to Prime members. Not a Prime member? Try Prime free for 30 days. Learn more at amazon.com/primesavings.

What if I share my Prime benefits through an Amazon household?
    Each linked account in an Amazon household account can enjoy the $5 promotional discount by making a qualifying $15 Amazon Go purchase as described above. Offers can be redeemed once per customer.

Can I qualify for multiple credits?
    Customers can qualify only once. Go Grocery locations are not included as part of this offer.
Terms & Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    How to qualify:

Prime members get $5 off a single qualifying purchase of at least $15 (excludes alcohol) at Amazon Go from June 1 (10 PM PT) to June 22, 2021.

Taxes do not apply when determining the $15 minimum spending amount at Amazon Go stores.

You must be a Prime member at the time of purchase at Amazon Go to qualify for this offer.

To receive discount, must enter with an app, credit card (linked to a single account) or Amazon One (linked to a single account with card used in your Amazon wallet)

Additional Terms and Conditions:

* Offer expires at 11:59pm on June 22, 2021.
    * The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
    * Offer limited to one per customer and account.
    * Offer can be earned on only one qualifying transaction at one Amazon Go store location.
    * Items must be purchased in a single order at an Amazon Go store location.
    * Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
    * Alcohol is excluded from this promotion.
    * Taxes do not apply when determining the $15 minimum spending amount at Amazon Go stores.
    * Taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
    * Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all eligible items in your order.
    * If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
    * Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
    If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AG.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	187516  

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-08-2021 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:43 AM   #43
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy

The Amazon Smart Plug is on sale for $14.99. It normally sells for $24.99. (Deal is for Prime members only.)

Quote:
Price: $24.99 & FREE Returns
Prime Savings: Your price at checkout is $14.99. Details
I've owned one of these for about two years now and it has been extremely reliable--no issues at all. However, even on sale at $14.99 you can find several other brands of smart plugs at that price point which come in packs of two. This Amazon smart plug deal is only for one plug.

ETA: I just noticed the label "A Certified for Humans Device." I guess ET and/or your pets will need to get a different model.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 09.46 copy.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	187526  

Last edited by OtinG; 06-06-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:33 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The Amazon Smart Plug is on sale for $14.99. It normally sells for $24.99. (Deal is for Prime members only.)

I've owned one of these for about two years now and it has been extremely reliable--no issues at all. However, even on sale at $14.99 you can find several other brands of smart plugs at that price point which come in packs of two. This Amazon smart plug deal is only for one plug.
Look for Amazon to bundle these plugs with other devices for $5 extra.

Wait until Prime Day to get these.

Quote:
ETA: I just noticed the label "A Certified for Humans Device." I guess ET and/or your pets will need to get a different model.

...what about monkeys?
Old 06-06-2021, 09:42 PM   #45
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
...what about monkeys?
Based on personal observation in my area of the world, there's a lot of humans that are on the same level as monkeys, or even below them, so it should work just fine for monkeys.

Now tubemonkeys may have trouble, since they're more flammable than humans and regular monkeys.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote