Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-15-2021, 05:31 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Free eBook from Verso Books (Warning: Political)

i don't know whether this deal is OK to announce due to the content, so apologies if it isn't and please feel free to delete my post.

If left-leaning historical perspectives on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict offend or upset you in any way, then please don't waste another moment reading about this free eBook.

Verso Books is offering the following title as a free eBook for a limited time. They sent me a notice, so I'm passing the freebie onto you:

An Army Like No Other: How the Israel Defense Force Made a Nation,
by Haim Bresheeth-Zabner

I just didn't want anyone who's interested in that kind of historical and political content to miss out, since I've never seen anyone else link to this publisher before.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-15-2021 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Accuracy.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:52 PM   #2
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Verso has some terrific 50% off sales, I’ll try to remember to post next time I see one. I think they’re an impressive publisher.

ETA: after clicking on your link I see all ebooks are actually 40% off right now, good deal.

Last edited by mitford13; 05-15-2021 at 07:56 PM.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2021, 10:00 AM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
i don't know whether this deal is OK to announce due to the content, so apologies if it isn't and please feel free to delete my post.

If left-leaning historical perspectives on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict offend or upset you in any way, then please don't waste another moment reading about this free eBook.
People on both sides of the aisle {All sides?} have a civil and moral obligation to read works of the best minds of their opposition. How can one refute what one doesn't understand?

This old guy got this book, I won't be able to decide if the author is one of the left's best minds until I read it!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #4
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
People on both sides of the aisle {All sides?} have a civil and moral obligation to read works of the best minds of their opposition. How can one refute what one doesn't understand?
I've always felt that way, but we live in an age in which outrage and hostility seem the commonest responses to any hint of opposition. Strange narratives seem always to be imposed no matter what the writer is trying to say.

I have always tried to find the best arguments and research supporting positions I oppose so that I can formulate better counterarguments. Sadly, we don't seem to be in a political climate in which open-mindedness, source verification, rhetoric and restraint are valued.

I happen to be Jewish by birth, but I have never been called anti-Semitic more often in my life than now for defending the rights and lives of Palestinians. I'm usually called that by people who don't hesitate to assert that Israel, not the U.S. or Canada, is my home country, and that I'm failing my own people by not supporting whatever Netanyahu does.

But I don't mean to wade into political territory, so apologies.

I'm just saying that I try to avoid sparking discussions that can turn nasty on a public forum. I try to follow forum policies, which generally tell us not to discuss politics or religion.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 05-23-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote