Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2021, 09:26 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
32 GB Kindle Oasis (new) $170 on Woot

These are brand new with Amazon's normal 1 year warranty.

EDIT: This is the 9th generation (previous, non-warm light) Oasis. Not the newest 10th generation.

https://computers.woot.com/offers/am...f=w_cnt_wp_2_1

(This was in the Voyage thread, but I thought folks looking for an Oasis might not see it there.)

They also have the WiFi + Cellular version for $20 more — $190.

https://computers.woot.com/offers/am...f=w_cnt_wp_2_2

Last edited by rcentros; 03-25-2021 at 11:41 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Except in many countries it should be 2 years minimum by law.

Also Woot *IS* Amazon.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2021, 12:51 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
ALWAYS REMEMBER AND NEVER FORGET:

No more than 100 units per customer on the non-cellular unit!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Except in many countries it should be 2 years minimum by law.
Not in the United States. I look at it this way... as long as you know what the terms of the warranty are — going in — you're free to accept or reject the product on those terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Also Woot *IS* Amazon.
Woot is owned by Amazon, but they very rarely (this may be the first time) sell Kindles with Amazon warranties. They normally sell them with a "Woot 90 day warranty." As far as I know, providing the Amazon warranty with these Oases is new and unique.

Last edited by rcentros; 03-26-2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
ALWAYS REMEMBER AND NEVER FORGET:

No more than 100 units per customer on the non-cellular unit!

I saw that... if I had an extra 17,000 dollars lying around free I would put it to the test.
Advert
Old 03-26-2021, 05:24 PM   #6
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
So, since I have an itchy trigger finger, is this the one with the lousy battery life?
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:52 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
^^Yes.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:31 PM   #8
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Think I will pass then. I love my Voyage and battery is still great.
Thanks for saving me money!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Oasis 2 battery charge life was never great, especially if you read more than 1 session per day separated by 30 minutes or more, but anyone buying one should make sure it doesn't update to 5.13.x

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335150

It does have really good to great battery charge life if you frequently go days without turning it on, since it hibernates. It can go weeks or months with only a few percent loss. Hibernating and waking up use a significant amount of battery, but nothing compared to whatever nasty bug is in 5.13.x
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
So, since I have an itchy trigger finger, is this the one with the lousy battery life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
^^Yes.
Did they fix that with the Oasis 3? Or does it also have a poor battery life?
Old 03-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Did they fix that with the Oasis 3? Or does it also have a poor battery life?
The Oasis 2 battery life is only poor for certain use cases. One reason it is less than prior kindles is its small battery. The Oasis 3 battery is slightly larger, but still small. The warm light feature on the Oasis 3 might make it even worse than the Oasis 2, depending on the setting. Of course, the warm light feature could be kept off if its benefits are less important than battery life.

In any case, 5.13.x probably sucks the battery dry on the Oasis 3 as well as the Oasis 2.

I bought a new Oasis 3 at Best Buy this week and it came with 5.12.4

Oh, and auto update on 5.12.x is hard to block unless the kindle has been jailbroken. I think that with the 5.13.x fiasco, ability to block auto update is one of the best reasons to jailbreak.

5.13.x Kindle Oasis Extreme Battery Drain thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335150

Last edited by j.p.s; 03-27-2021 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Add 5.13.x info
Old 03-27-2021, 06:40 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ I've had no problems with battery life on my Oasis 3.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-28-2021 at 02:18 PM. Reason: 'have' to 'had'
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:55 PM   #13
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
+1. No problem whatsoever with the battery on my Oasis 3. Works fine, lasts a long time.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:30 PM   #14
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I've been considering the "international" Oasis 2 for a few days now, but members keep making compelling arguments for the Oasis 3.

I can't look at ads and 32GB is preferable, all of which makes the 3 a tad expensive for my secondhand blood. Is anyone actually happy with their Oasis 2? You people are making me nervous!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:01 PM   #15
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I've been considering the "international" Oasis 2 for a few days now, but members keep making compelling arguments for the Oasis 3.

I can't look at ads and 32GB is preferable, all of which makes the 3 a tad expensive for my secondhand blood. Is anyone actually happy with their Oasis 2? You people are making me nervous!
I am mostly OK with the battery charge life on my Oasis 2 with no significant complaints battery wise. But I keep wifi off, light low or off, am not running 5.13.x, and only use it once or twice per day.