Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 04:00 AM   #1
tungnm
tungnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
How can I change font for table of content?

Hi all,

Just got my first reader (Kobo Aura One), followed guide from others I added fonts and used them successfully on books, but font for TOC did not change.

I'd like to know how can I change it? Or we cannot at all?

Many thanks
tungnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:23 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Yes, the TOC font-family can be changed to one of your sideloaded fonts. However it is not as simple as sideloading a new font. Fonts used in the GUI are not handled by the book reading app.

It will require you to become familiar with the Kobo patching system (new-style) to do it. As you are a new user, only you can decide whether Kobo patching is something you will be comfortable with long-term. All patches have to be reinstalled after every firmware update. This is a link to the new-style patching instructions for firmware version 4.10.11655.

Changing TOC font-family is not one of the patches included in the standard patching pack but, as I have been using a similar custom TOC font on my own Kobos for a few years, it should not be too difficult to help you create one suitable for your own AuraOne.

If you still want to proceed, after having familiarised yourself with the whole patching process, post back here and we can take it from there.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert