Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
garygrosso
garygrosso began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
how to zero table cell spacing?

Hi, I'm converting HTML to EPUB with Calibre and am stumped on this.

I have this HTML:

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 0; padding: 0;"
cellpadding="0"><col style="width: 0pt; padding: 0; margin: 0;"><col style="width: 0pt; padding: 0; margin: 0;"><col style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">
<tbody style="margin: 0; padding: 0;><tr style="vertical-align: baseline; margin: 0; padding: 0" valign="baseline"><td
style="padding: 0pt; margin: 0" align="right">x</td><td style="padding: 0pt; margin: 0"
align="center">x</td><td style="padding: 0pt; margin: 0; word-break: keep-all; ">Advice
or Analyses About Securities</td></tr></tbody></table>

I have set cellspacing=0 on table, and have set CSS margin and padding to 0 on table, col, tbody, tr, and td. But the epub file seems to retain the typical browser default setting of '2'.

I am viewing the epub with iBooks on iPad, Calibre, and the Firefox add-on, so I think the epub file is really that way. I have attached a photo of my iPad showing the result I am getting.

How to zero out the space? I have border="1" for testing, but will have it set to 0 in the final effort. What I want is for the two empty, zero-width cells in columns 1 and 2 to have no effect on the positioning of the text in column 3. In HTML browsers, simpy setting celpadding=0 and cellspacing="0" is enough to get this effect.

The HTML is output from a program, and I would rather not have to post-process it to remove the first two columns.

Thanks,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cellspacing.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	60032  
garygrosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the border-collapse css property
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
garygrosso
garygrosso began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks, just what I needed! I should have looked at Tables as well as Box Model in CSS-land.

- Gary
garygrosso is offline   Reply With Quote