Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Previous Oasis WiFi/Cellular, 32GB NEW $190 Woot

Just in case someone wants an Oasis with Cellular. This is the International Version — don't know if that means the cellular doesn't work or what.

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/...lnd_cat_pc_5_3
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Oui, mon ster, the cellular works. I'm guessing that predatory purchasers are waiting for the same price drop of $70 that made the standard Oasis 2 more alluring.

That, or the Consumers among Us are utterly uninterested in an Oasis 2 with 32GB and no ads as well as a cellular connection.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-19-2021 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Me am make a grammar more good.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:31 AM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The cellular works. I'm guessing that people are waiting for the same thing to happen to this deal that happened to the standard Oasis for $170 -- a drop of $70. That, or people really aren't interested in the Oasis 2 with 32GB and no ads *as well as* a cellular connection.
Which firmware version did it come with?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:45 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Isn't the 2017 Oasis the one with the really bad battery life?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:12 AM   #5
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yet gaggles of civilians contemplated Woot's ad-burdened 8GB Oasis 2 in this very forum, so the silence around the 32GB blurbless iteration of same seems a wee tad curious. It causes one (or possibly two) to hurl the interjection hmm.

In the case of the Ad Orgy Oasis 2(TM), Woot relisted at $100, sites like the Nude York's Twine covered said bargain and the piranha devoured it in a matter o' hours.

So it occurs to me that my fellow materialists might be playing the same long game here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Sadly, I have zero moo-hanking idea.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-19-2021 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:09 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The battery charge life of my 2017 32GB Oasis is adequate. It is certainly much better than really bad.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #7
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

The deal is back and the WiFi-only Graphite 32 GB Oasis 2 without ads is now $169.99. That's $20 off the previous deal. Additionally, you can choose the gold version with ads for the same price. Obviously, that deal is not as good.

Kindle Oasis 2 for $169.99
Old 05-15-2021, 06:18 PM   #8
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
OK, thanks Prestidigitweeze for tempting me to empty my "Fun Fund" to grab this deal. Getting bored with my Paperwhite 3 and don't want to wait on Prime Day/Week next month. The larger screen will be nice too, I enjoy reading on my Kobo Aura H2O (original). I ordered the Graphite and will report back when received and loaded up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
The deal is back and the WiFi-only Graphite 32 GB Oasis 2 without ads is now $169.99. That's $20 off the previous deal. Additionally, you can choose the gold version with ads for the same price. Obviously, that deal is not as good.

Kindle Oasis 2 for $169.99
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:17 PM   #9
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Received my Oasis 2 this afternoon from Woot!
It came with Firmware 5.10.3 (3383210041) and on connecting to Wifi immediately updated to 5.13.5 (3716760030).

Battery level on receipt was 10%, enough to complete setup and start downloading books. In about an hour, the battery was at 100%, even with steady and active downloading of both Kindle and Audible books. That was charging from a Ravpower powerbank, not even from a wall charger. Impressed. And I love the screen size, real page turn buttons (!) and how I can invert (white on black) text. No need for me to consider the Paperwhite 4 even if a killer discount comes on Prime Day next month.

My hopefully-almost-end-of-Pandemic celebration. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #10
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Received my Oasis 2 this afternoon from Woot!
It came with Firmware 5.10.3 (3383210041) and on connecting to Wifi immediately updated to 5.13.5 (3716760030).

Battery level on receipt was 10%, enough to complete setup and start downloading books. In about an hour, the battery was at 100%, even with steady and active downloading of both Kindle and Audible books. That was charging from a Ravpower powerbank, not even from a wall charger. Impressed. And I love the screen size, real page turn buttons (!) and how I can invert (white on black) text. No need for me to consider the Paperwhite 4 even if a killer discount comes on Prime Day next month.

My hopefully-almost-end-of-Pandemic celebration. Love it.
Glad you like your Oasis 2, ngrant. I've been using mine for almost a month and really enjoy it. It has a number of features that make reading, highlighting and backing up more intuitive -- for my purposed, at least.

It provides a useful contrast to my Clara HD. I like and need both e-readers; until deciding to try an Oasis, I thought I was done with Kindles.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:08 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
SOLD OUT!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote