Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
Tracey
Connoisseur
Tracey is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
WH Smith Site Issues This Weekend

Hi,

Just want to make you all aware that the WH Smith website is not allowing the download of ebooks purchased at present.

I used them for the first time yesterday and could not download. Called and spoke to a polite young chap in their Customer Service team who said they had received hundreds of calls about it. He said they had been told it was an error between their site and that of the people who run their ebook site and they had been told it would be fixed before the end of the day.

I asked why there was no warning message on the site to advise the items would not be available and he said they had asked the same question. My assumption is that WH Smith didn't want buyers to go elsewhere.

I asked if i could get a refund if the system wasn't back up as i need to books this weekend as i am away from home for two weeks, and was told i could. This remains to be seen as the system is still not up and the Customer Services are not open today.

Their website states they don't refund ebooks as they can't know if the buyer has read them or not but i am hoping logic will dictate and they will realise that the books can't have been read if they know they haven't been downloaded.

Not a good first experience i have to say...

Best wishes,

Tracey
Tracey is offline   Reply With Quote