Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-30-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
Iraski
Iraski began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Unhappy New to Plucker and completely lost.

I've got it installed on my palm and I've installed Python and Plucker desktop. At this point I'd just like to convert a HTML file but I have no clue how to do that not to mention anything else...

Another less important question, would it be possible to use this to read webcomics? Dunno if it would be practical but it'd be interesting.
Iraski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:03 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
I suggest that you get Sunrise instead of Plucker Desktop. It's much easier to use, IMHO.

It's probably not practical for web comics since it re-sizes the comics for your PDA screen, rendering them either too small to read, or you have to scroll ALOT to see everything. If you played with the settings, you MIGHT be able to get someting readable.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Iraski
Iraski began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E
Well it does seem easier to use, although I still cant figure out how to convert a HTML file on my computer.

Edit: Well I think I've figured it out... Converting a file not on the internet feels a bit odd though.

Last edited by Iraski; 07-30-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Iraski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
It should be the same as converting a file on the Internet - with the exception that the URL is different. file: instead of http:
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote