Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-16-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
Tanys
Tanys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Windows Error

Hi. I am new here and not very computer savvy - so asking me to change anything in my computer inner workings would be like asking me to start my computer on fire. I have been using Calibre for a couple years, just upgraded to the latest version, and now I get this error message:

Failed to start worker process
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\caliber\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 197, in start_worker
File "site-packages\caliber\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 185, in create_worker
File "site-packages\caliber\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 71, in start_worker
File "site-packages\caliber\utils\ipc\simpe_worker.py", line 160, in start_pipe_worker
File "subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child (???????? WHAT!? - my comment)
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the specified

PLEASE tell me how to fix this - in very plain language so I don't ruin my computer. I have an HP Windows 10 laptop, by the way.

Thank you.
Tanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanys View Post
Hi. I am new here and not very computer savvy - so asking me to change anything in my computer inner workings would be like asking me to start my computer on fire. I have been using Calibre for a couple years, just upgraded to the latest version, and now I get this error message:

File "site-packages\caliber\utils\ipc\simpe_worker.py", line 160, in start_pipe_worker
File "subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child (???????? WHAT!? - my comment)

PLEASE tell me how to fix this - in very plain language so I don't ruin my computer. I have an HP Windows 10 laptop, by the way.

Thank you.
Malware?
look at the spelling of calibre
caliber ???
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2016, 11:55 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanys View Post

Thank you.
That is not the full error message, there seems to be a bit missing at the end. Additionally, you appear to have edited the error message -- please don't do that (without very good reasons, like privacy).

At the moment, we don't have enough information to help you, additionally, as theducks said, the incorrect spelling of the application name is slightly suspicious.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-17-2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason: typos
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:02 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@Tanys - please don't post your specific ssues on the back of existing threads, and don't post the same thing more than once - I have deleted your post in the other thread.

And ditto eschwartz' comments - post complete and unedited error messages

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:39 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Moderator Notice
@Tanys - please don't post your specific ssues on the back of existing threads, and don't post the same thing more than once - I have deleted your post in the other thread.

And ditto eschwartz' comments - post complete and unedited error messages

BR
Moderator Notice
The exception to the no edit rule: Carefully replace sensitive information (e-mail user name...) with a place holder

saves us doing for them

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-17-2016 at 05:58 AM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert