Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Acryde
Acryde began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Readability/instapaper-like apps on onyx boox M92?

Hi,
I'm quite happy with my onyx boox, I've been using it for some months now mainly for reading and annotating scientific articles and I think it does the job! (well as already said some pdfs display blank pages and then it would be nice to be able to use the "revision mode" when reading and annotating office documents but I guess this would be a difficult function to implement)

I think what could give a great added value to this reader would be to have the possibility to send from a firefox plugin different documents found on Internet to the reader in order to read them later.

Do you know if it is possible today or if it will be possible soon?

Thank you
Acryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
2Steam
2Steam began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
I also spend lot of time hunting for relevant documents on subjects I am interested in. If I find interesting files that I want to read later, I copy them into a specific folder on my hard drive. This folder can have additional sub folders to organize these files in a proper way. If new sub folders are required I set them up as I go.

I have also installed the free Microsoft software SyncToy.

Having the M92 connected via USB, I can use SyncToy to synchronize the whole content of this folder on the hard drive with a corresponding folder on the Boox M92 with a single click on a button. I do this right after my collecting session and no time is wasted.
2Steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Use Calibre for that. E.g., you get yourself an account on Instapaper, bookmark all the articles you like, and then you use Calibre to get all those articles into one neat epub, which you can then read on your M92.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote