Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
authorized with (old email address) Adobe ID? What do I do?

I got a PRS-T1 for Christmas and now I try to transfer books from my iMac to my ereader device. Some have a blank cover, some with a picture (dont know why, these four are purchased from iBookstore). Anyways, if I log in to my Sony Reader software, it opens up every time with "this computer has been authorized with Adobe ID (old email address) and if I want to authorize this computer with my Adobe ID. I click on no because my email address that shows up as Adobe ID no longer exists.
What do I need to do?
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
these four are purchased from iBookstore
If those have DRM, you won't be able to read them on your Sony, anyhow. This is why I never buy from iBooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
Anyways, if I log in to my Sony Reader software, it opens up every time with "this computer has been authorized with Adobe ID (old email address) and if I want to authorize this computer with my Adobe ID. I click on no because my email address that shows up as Adobe ID no longer exists.
What do I need to do?
Have your already purchased Adobe DRM-ed ebooks using your old Adobe ID? If so, I'd suggest you "clean" those first with some "vacuuming" tools. If you don't have one already, I suggest getting a free email account (Gmail, Yahoo, etc) to use as your new Adobe ID. That way, even if you change ISP's or something, you can still keep your email address.

Did you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your PC prior to installing Sony Reader? Not sure if this works for Sony Reader but with Adobe Digital Editions, you can press Ctrl+Shift+D to de-authorize a computer. After that, you can authorize with your new Adobe ID.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You should still be able to log in even if you don't have that email address any more.

But, You can change your adobeid's email address I'm pretty sure. Just login into Adobe.com and go to "account info" and select Adobe ID and change your email address.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
[QUOTE=ilovejedd;1899183]If those have DRM, you won't be able to read them on your Sony, anyhow. This is why I never buy from iBooks.

I don't buy from iBooks anymore. There are just a few titles I purchased quite a while ago, so trying to transfer them to my reader. If its not working, not a big deal. Talking about a few books only.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote