Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Mehdi
Mehdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
[Kinde Touch] Backup before Factory Reset

I've been running into problems updating to 5.1 (modified too many random JS files that seem to be in the update) so I've decided to do a Factory Reset and then update.

I would like to save my books, reading positions, highlights, etc. though. Does anyone know how I could backup this data before doing the factory reset?
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
I think backup of whole "documents" folder will be enough.
In this folder are with book files together files containing information about read pages and whatever.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You should also - for safety - make a backup of the TTS folder. A factory reset won't erase it, but it IS easy to delete accidentally, so it's as well to have a copy of it for the future, just in case.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
A factory reset will *not* restore tampered files on the root partition. It only erases all personal documents and information.

You have to manually restore modified files from a backup.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote