Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
millertime13
millertime13 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Search & Replace/Regex help!!

Hi all, I'm having trouble with my epub book. Every instance of an ' or "" marks has been replaced with this string of characters: � I can't seem to figure out creating a regex that will replace � back to the proper apostrophe or quotation marks needed.

I've read the tuts and none of my search regex are working. Any help would be appreciated.
millertime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Check to see if you have smarten punctuation enabled in the conversion settings, I'd guess that's your problem.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime13 View Post
Hi all, I'm having trouble with my epub book. Every instance of an ' or "" marks has been replaced with this string of characters
Depending on your source format either item one or two of this part of the FAQ should guide you through the conversion process so you don't loose the quotes and apostrophes during conversion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
millertime13

Thanks guys. Those are great tips. I havnt had a chance to try them yet. Will let you know how it works.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
millertime13

Yup thanks Manichean, smarten punctuation totally worked!!
Advert

Tags
expression, �, regex