Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
strnad
strnad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
transferring callibre to new computer

Good Afternoon,

I am recently switching computers.

I would like to know how to transfer my books as well as the database to the new computer - callibre.

Thanks

Peter
strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
1. Copy the calibre library folder and all its contents to the new computer.
2. Install Calibre on the new computer.
3. Start Calibre and when the welcome wizard comes up and asks for the library location browse to the location of the copied library.

You shoould now be up and running on the new machine with your calibre library showing its contents in Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
strnad
strnad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hello guys,

thanks for the help. You don't know how you eased my pains :-)

Peter
strnad is offline   Reply With Quote