Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Resizing covers

What are the dimensions of covers used in most books?

I've got a couple books that on matter what I do, I they look like boxes instead of the rectangular covers.

I've used Cover Re-size, but it appears that it doesn't matter it won't transfer to the Fire HDX 7.

I even re-convert the resized book to azw3 so that it takes in calibre, but nothing.

Any help would be great!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
I always gotta play with them. But with my HDX, I found that a height of 800 is minimum (a couple were 798 which worked too). A few of mine are 575x800 which seem to look fine.
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:26 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Thanks!

I think I've got it figured out now, just have to do something with the "clean eBook" think in calibre to get the ones that don't transfer well.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I use a size of 550 (w)by 750 (h) when I re-size covers for my Kindle books. In fact those are the dimensions that I now use when I create books to upload here at MR. Those dimensions look very good on the PaperWhite.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
What are the dimensions of covers used in most books?

I've got a couple books that on matter what I do, I they look like boxes instead of the rectangular covers.

I've used Cover Re-size, but it appears that it doesn't matter it won't transfer to the Fire HDX 7.

I even re-convert the resized book to azw3 so that it takes in calibre, but nothing.

Any help would be great!
I use 1066x1600 and never had a problem with a cover not showing up on the newer Fires. Someone here gave me that tip.

Ah yes once a book is on a Kindle Fire it's nearly impossible for it to show the updated version. You can trying reconverting and changing the Title a little sometimes that work.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote