Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornpipe2 View Post
In that case, the list should be modified above:
* Scratch k3chess
* Scratch pbchess
and
* Add kindlechess ( http://github.com/apetresc/KindleChess )
* Add kindlegoban ( http://github.com/apetresc/KindleGoban )
* Add Mangle ( http://adq.livejournal.com/109911.html )
* Add KindleTERM ( http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=107192 )
True, they aren't technically Kindlets. more Kindlet-like. I think I'll put them in a different section. I guess they would go more into another group of games/apps which can also include: CoolReader, FBReader, fbKindle, Kaffeine, Kimesg, Kinamp, Kpdfviewer, Myts, and kindlevncviewer, for example, which run like Kindlets, just packaged and stored on the Kindle differently.

And thanks for those other four. Although, I checked out those links and only the Mangle and KindleTERM (I prefer Myts but that is neither here nor there) actually have an azw2. Also, do they work with latest merged keystore keys, or do they require another key?

Thanks for the other ones.

Last edited by inameiname; 02-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
... Although, I checked out those links and only the Mangle and KindleTERM (I prefer Myts but that is neither here nor there) actually have an azw2. Also, do they work with latest merged keystore keys, or do they require another key?
Yes they do.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #18
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Yes they do.
Awesome, thanks. I was able to try them out and they indeed work with the keys I already had installed.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
Hi All,

Thanks for that list, I am trying to create a complete wiki page with all the additional 'software' you can use on the kindle, from the hack to the kindlet. The idea is to keep the list growing and the anyone can add to the list, I gathered information from here as well as other post listing hack & kindlet :

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ks_Information

The idea is to keep link to all 'apps & hack' so that everyone creating them could update one central ressource. Or at least that's the idea and we'll see if it happens
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #20
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaru View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for that list, I am trying to create a complete wiki page with all the additional 'software' you can use on the kindle, from the hack to the kindlet. The idea is to keep the list growing and the anyone can add to the list, I gathered information from here as well as other post listing hack & kindlet :

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...ks_Information

The idea is to keep link to all 'apps & hack' so that everyone creating them could update one central ressource. Or at least that's the idea and we'll see if it happens
Nice Wiki page. It has most of those I have run across. There are a few more I did not immediately see looking at your collection of Kindle Hacks: audio recorder (you have the dictaphone mod one but it isn't the latest and greatest version), Kaffeine, Kimesg, Pop Art Squares Screensaver, Kpdfviewer, Screensaver Timeout (I made this one which uses Launchpad shortcuts; found on this site and is based on the one you have on your list), SENDtoREADER, myts (the latest and greatest Kindle terminal), Usertts, Picture Album Viewer Fullscreen Hack, and a few customization tweaks that I use: Install Kindlet keys, make Ad-free, disable Amazon.com Logging, & disable Search Indexing. Oh, and another good addition to this, sort of a 'hack', is a thread called Ultimate Kindle Web Bookmarks I put together which is a huge bookmarks.mobi file that makes it much easier to use the Kindle browser. All of these are found on here (sorry I just don't have time at the moment to directly link you to all of them.)

By the way, some of your links are extremely old. Unfortunately with sites like this, and how people randomly add new additions/tweaks/better versions of things on both the same threads on on others, it can be quite confusing what is newer, older, and what version works with what Kindle. Hence, as you suggest, having a centralized place to keep it updated would be nice. I just know from all that I have done to find the latest and greatest for my own Kindles, it will take a bit to get it up-to-date.

Last edited by inameiname; 02-21-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #21
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Woa! Thanks for the list! Lots of little gems in there.

That's the thing with the forum thread - it becomes hard sometime to get the complete story and you need to browse trough few pages of post to make sure you have the latest one and that no one posted a 'Don't install - will brick your kinde'

I am still a bit worried about attaching the latest files on the wiki directly, but that might be where it ends up, so it's really centralized, but that would work only if the dev updates their own packages. And yes I built on a wiki page that was there already and didn't check all the links yet. Still working on an intro to hack, jailbreak and kindlet.

I realized that there is no such page for the kindle, only the kindle touch so I'll make sure to include everything!

thanks again !
Old 02-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Woa! Thanks for the list! Lots of little gems in there.

That's the thing with the forum thread - it becomes hard sometime to get the complete story and you need to browse trough few pages of post to make sure you have the latest one and that no one posted a 'Don't install - will brick your kinde'

I am still a bit worried about attaching the latest files on the wiki directly, but that might be where it ends up, so it's really centralized, but that would work only if the dev updates their own packages. And yes I built on a wiki page that was there already and didn't check all the links yet. Still working on an intro to hack, jailbreak and kindlet.

I realized that there is no such page for the kindle, only the kindle touch so I'll make sure to include everything!

thanks again !
Sure, no prob. Indeed; its hard to know what works, what doesn't, and what is the latest, and what isn't. In all, forums, such as this one, are first and foremost discussion boards, not necessarily about updating and sharing things in an organized way. Anyway, glad to help, and will look forward to whatever new additions and the future in general of that Kindle page.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
damaru
Enthusiast

Well I am upgrading it a little bit everyday, learning and testing at the same time on my kindle (I was just batch processing akira manga to work on the kindle manga reader) so I guess in few weeks it'l start to be a solid starting place for k<=3 hacks..

I was trying to locate the Kimesg, and couldn't find anything clear about it trough the forum or the wiki - do you have some source info about it ?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #24
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Well I am upgrading it a little bit everyday, learning and testing at the same time on my kindle (I was just batch processing akira manga to work on the kindle manga reader) so I guess in few weeks it'l start to be a solid starting place for k<=3 hacks..

I was trying to locate the Kimesg, and couldn't find anything clear about it trough the forum or the wiki - do you have some source info about it ?
Hmmm, I thought I found Kimesg on here. Anyway, I'll attach it on here. It really is just a test message file, but could be used in other programs to give messages.

Kimesg
Code:
        "[SHIFT][K][D]" - demo kimesg message - "Hello world." "More verbose, uses two lines."
        "[SHIFT][K][M]" - demo kimesg message - "Hello world."
        "[SHIFT][K][R]" - demo kimesg message (refreshes) - "Content refreshed."
kimesg.ini
Code:
[Actions]

; Kimesg
## Usage: /mnt/us/launchpad/kimesg <delay (in seconds)> <first line> [<second line>]
K D = !/mnt/us/launchpad/kimesg 2 "Hello world, this is Kindle." "More verbose, uses two lines."
K M = !/mnt/us/launchpad/kimesg 0 "Hello world, this is Kindle."
K R = !dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1 & /mnt/us/launchpad/kimesg 5 "Content refreshed."
Attached Files
File Type: zip kimesg.zip (775 Bytes, 218 views)

Last edited by inameiname; 02-27-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Unhappy Not working on KT 5.1 firmware

Sadly all Dev Kindlets do not work anymore on Kindle Touch with firmware 5.1. The error generated: "The item you attempted to open is incompatible with this Kindle. Please try to update your Kindle from Settings. If the problem persists, contact Kindle Customer at www.kindle.com/support ."

FontHack, Krosswords and Snake do this so it's safe to assume that all Dev Kindlets have this problem. (Snake was made for K3 but even if it didn't work, it used to start without errors on KT).
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftail View Post
Sadly all Dev Kindlets do not work anymore on Kindle Touch with firmware 5.1. The error generated: "The item you attempted to open is incompatible with this Kindle. Please try to update your Kindle from Settings. If the problem persists, contact Kindle Customer at www.kindle.com/support ."
5.1.0 brings an addition to /opt/amazon/ebook/security/defaultPolicies.json file: now there is an property isProductionKey set to true.

I hasn't KT near me, so I can't check, whether setting of this property to false (or removing it entirely) restores work of Dev Kindlets...
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #27
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
5.1.0 brings an addition to /opt/amazon/ebook/security/defaultPolicies.json file: now there is an property isProductionKey set to true.

I hasn't KT near me, so I can't check, whether setting of this property to false (or removing it entirely) restores work of Dev Kindlets...

Thanks for the pointing this out, Eureka. I don't have a Kindle Touch around either to test whether changing that one setting would fix this issue. But if anybody else that has a KT interested in helping out, I'm sure we all would be greatful.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #28
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
With 5.1.0, the manifest of the apps is REQUIRED to contain "Extension-List" and related attributes.

See lines 24-26 of https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktfontha...a5f1/build.xml for an example.

Note: the Specification-Version should probably be "2.0" (or even less) for downward-compatibility. 2.0 is KT Firmware 5.0.*, I don't know about older Kindles. For this particular software, I set it to 2.1 specifically because I DO NOT want the software to work on FW 5.0.*.

As far as I know, this is the only change that is required. I have successfully run fonthack on 5.1.0 by simply adding these attributes to the manifest.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-14-2012 at 07:19 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote