Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #16
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
Just got home and looked at my Kindle DX US. First thing I noticed was that the menus were different. At some point today it got updated to 2.5. Not sure I'm all the enamored of it so far.

Anyrate, I'm usually one of the last to get an update over the wireless so I figure if I got it today a slew of others probably already have it too.
Ah, nup! Could yu try out Johnny's suggestion?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #17
synlor
synlor has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX
The 2.5 update just downloaded it a few minutes ago on my Kindle DX (US version) and I managed to grab a copy of it before it updated itself.

http://rapidshare.com/files/38401487...00057.bin.html
synlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #18
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
Quote:
Originally Posted by synlor View Post
The 2.5 update just downloaded it a few minutes ago on my Kindle DX (US version) and I managed to grab a copy of it before it updated itself.

you should create a thread so other people know for sure that you have done this for them.
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #19
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:

Hn, update not successful. Kindle DX did not update....

*crawls into a corner and dies*

Last edited by Anarel; 05-05-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #20
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post

Were you at 2.3.3 or higher before updating?
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #21
synlor

I'll post a new thread after I get confirmation that it works for another person. My DX has always been picky for updates; for some of the hacks, they wouldn't update one day but then the next day, so maybe something is odd with the file I uploaded.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTToxic View Post
Were you at 2.3.3 or higher before updating?

Yes, my DX has 2.3.3... and it's a Us KDX.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #23
synlor

I should mention that I was on 2.3.2 before the update. I thought it was kind of odd, I haven't heard of anyone else having 2.3.2.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #24
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes, my DX has 2.3.3... and it's a Us KDX.
What build is 2.3.3 again? I'm referring to the numbers in parentheses after 2.3.3

This one is looking for 399388047 a number I'm not familiar with. Maybe synlor was on an earlier build.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #25
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
Quote:

I'll join you,

*shoots self and splats brains all over the wall, where rats eat the remnants, then cockroaches eat the dead matter and maggots reproduce and eat my face*
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #26
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTToxic View Post
What build is 2.3.3 again? I'm referring to the numbers in parentheses after 2.3.3

This one is looking for 399388047 a number I'm not familiar with. Maybe synlor was on an earlier build.
431000003 o_o
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #27
synlor

Sorry to get people's hopes up, I'm guessing it had to do with the fact I was on 2.3.2, which is odd in itself, so I doubt too many others will be able to use the file.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #28
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur

Quote:
I should mention that I was on 2.3.2 before the update. I thought it was kind of odd, I haven't heard of anyone else having 2.3.2.
Crap. I need to learn to type faster. This appears to be exactly the case. It might have been 2.3? I've never heard of 2.3.2

This is probably another reason why Amazon is releasing these more individualized upgrades and why they've changed their file format names...

Now they use the build numbers as we've seen with the DX us and DXi updates.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #29
Anarel
Evangelist

Someone resurrect me when someone uploads the file for 2.3.3.....

Oh, but thanks for trying, synlor!

Last edited by Anarel; 05-05-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Adding thanks for the attempt to synlor.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #30
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur

Quote:
Someone resurrect me when someone uploads the file for 2.3.3.....
It shouldn't be 2.3.3 you need, that's build 431108003. You need 2.3.2 which is indeed build 399388047 according to some google fu.