Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #16
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
But how many hardware discounts do we really see?

The only think I would suggest to improve things is this, if you are going to post mutliple books that have deals (within a few days time) PLEASE put them all in one thread.

Thanks.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
It was also discussed in the feedback forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Alright, something we'll be looking into next.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journier View Post
Yes, but it can be argued where the distinction should lie. I would like to see one forum for free and discounted ebook offers and a seperate forum for hardware.
Lucky for us Kindle owners that we have something like that already
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42973
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #19
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I really like that idea.
I think I do as well.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
My original thought was that Kindle owners don't care about Sony deals, Sony owners don't care about Kindle deals(unless you belong to the elite multiple device owners club ) and a general area showing discount coupons, ebook store sales and titles that everyone would like such as unpublished authors providing their ebooks in a variety of formats.
Except that Kindle owners can read Sony books on their PC (if it's a really great book). And some deals are not in a "hardware store", so are not specific. Or, are specific, but are direct from a publisher (some do EPUB only, I've noticed). With different forum areas, we'd have to check a half dozen each day to find what we do here (and I can easily skip the ones that are not interesting, such as LCD based readers being dumped at discounts).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I don't think it's that big a deal to have a particular deal listed a few times, but if it's hundreds of times, then yeah.....
But if a bunch of things end up getting repeated, on a page of 20 posts, you may only have 4 or 5 separate items.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #22
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now, I'm looking for deals on hardware, for getting my girlfriend one for christmas. For those looking for a reader, the deals on books aren't of any interest to them.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
But if a bunch of things end up getting repeated, on a page of 20 posts, you may only have 4 or 5 separate items.
right, but would not expect that too happen often at all, unless everyone is just "blind" posting.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #24
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
My original thought was that Kindle owners don't care about Sony deals, Sony owners don't care about Kindle deals(unless you belong to the elite multiple device owners club )
They don't--but a lot of publishers release free promo ebooks in several formats at once. The Suvudu offers are non-DRM PDFs at their website, or DRM'd Sony, Kindle or Epub formats at other sites. And when Random House releases free ebooks, it tends to make them available in several formats at once.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Right now, I'm looking for deals on hardware, for getting my girlfriend one for christmas. For those looking for a reader, the deals on books aren't of any interest to them.
And vice versa - I'm pretty much uninterested in any of the deals being posted on readers ... but don't want them consigned to purgatory, just because I don't want to read them. And if a price were low enough (and the right reader), I might be interested in picking another up as a spare to to read the Sony only books I've picked up free.

Although, actually, I can't imagine someone who has a reader or is shopping for one and isn't interested in ANY of the free book deals out there...
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #26
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
I would think that if one saw 50 posts about free eBooks for the Kindle and 12 or so for the Sony or Nook might have some influence on their decision.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #27
Hellmark
Wizard

I'm really not interested in many of the free books, since most of the ones I see are for Kindle, which I don't have. On the ones in formats I can use, they don't interest me. When I was looking at the freebies before I got my reader, I was bad about a pokemon type mentality of "gotta have 'em all", but afterwards, I sat down and really didn't see any I liked (at least not not enough to buy normally). I've shown my girlfriend the freebies, and they don't interest her for either platform, but the library where her grandfather works offers ebooks, so that has settled her to want an reader that supports epub. So, once again, that boils things back down to just wanting the reader.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:23 AM   #28
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I think it would be best if freebies and deals for particular readers were posted only in the section dealing with that device and keep this thread going for those wonderful authors that tempt us with their own books to give us a taste of what they are doing (bless them all)
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:37 AM   #29
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
We're all busy "a-thinkin'" and and "a-thunkin'" on this.

Don (Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #30
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
I think it would be best if freebies and deals for particular readers were posted only in the section dealing with that device and keep this thread going for those wonderful authors that tempt us with their own books to give us a taste of what they are doing (bless them all)
You already have that in the member authors forum (and some of those deals never make it to this forum). So, would you want only hardware deals here (if so, I suspect may of us would never stop in, unless specifically looking for a new device).

Splitting out book deals by device would mean a lot more work to find them for readers (since I really don't care a bit about the Sony device, for example, but am interested in the occasional free book in epub format, in their store or otherwise, but know some others here have both devices). Stores with a free book in multiple formats would have to be posted in multiple places.

Sure, splitting it out by device would mean that those that don't have a Kindle and can't or won't download the Kindle app won't have to read about deals they don't get for free (and even at $2.50 or so, depending on local currency, many of the titles that are free in the US are still a good deal in other places). Seems a petty reason to spread the information out across the forum, when it is much easier to ask people to identify the device/store where the deal is, in the title or have a mod add it if left out. Then, just ignore the Kindle deals (or add a local currency 2.30 to the deal listing and then decide if you want to read about it), if they don't entice you.