Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #76
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
Hm , just to make sure I understand exactly what you mean: You go to the Firefox "File/File open" menu, select the wanted epub-file, click on the "open" button. In the next step the epub-file is not displayed, but you see another Firefox dialog? Could you please send me a screenshot of this dialog?
Or perhaps ericshliao may be referring to a filter for EPUB Files within that File Open requester.... Click image for larger version

Name:	Files of Type-needs-epub filter.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	38774

In addition to All Files, HTML Files, Text Files, Image Files, XML Files.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #77
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
ericshliao: From the image you are trying to load an epub file with embedded fonts. Try a different file that does not have embedded fonts. You should walk before trying to run.

Dale
I don't think it's the problem of embeded fonts. I tried with "Desbarollda Sample.epub" as mikelv mentioned on my local disk, and the problem still exists.
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 04:57 AM   #78
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I don't think it's the problem of embeded fonts. I tried with "Desbarollda Sample.epub" as mikelv mentioned on my local disk, and the problem still exists.
I guess that there is a problem with your EPUBReader installation. Normally EPUBReader registers for the filetype *.epub (you don't see this in the filetype dialog in Firefox, it's done internally). This registration normally is done during installation. If it's registered correctly, you don't see the download dialog but the unpacked epub.

Could you please deinstall EPUBReader and install it again?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #79
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I tried to download https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...925#post653925 in this forum as a test and it failed to open the file in the browser saying the file in \temp was bad. However I changed to \temp and successfully opened the file. I also changed the open command to use Sony eBook Library and it worked fine. I tried several times but the open directly in the browser would fail for this file.

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #80
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
I tried to download https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...925#post653925 in this forum as a test and it failed to open the file in the browser saying the file in \temp was bad. However I changed to \temp and successfully opened the file. I also changed the open command to use Sony eBook Library and it worked fine. I tried several times but the open directly in the browser would fail for this file.

Dale
Hi Dale, I just tried it but couldn't reproduce your problem. How did you open the file in Firefox? Did you download it first and opened it then via "File/File open"? Michael
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #81
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Hi Dale, I just tried it but couldn't reproduce your problem. How did you open the file in Firefox? Did you download it first and opened it then via "File/Open file"? Michael
I had no problems downloading this ePub to a private folder, and then opening it via Firefox "File/Open file". The TOC looks a bit odd; the titles for Books I, II and IV *seem* to be the name of the image in those Books and not the actual name of the Book.

*edit* But when I went to download and open it directly from Firefox , it now shows "Open with" and defaults to Mozilla Firefox. I left the default to Firefox and got the following error

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FF_Plug_Err.JPG
Views:	705
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	38878  

Last edited by kenmark; 11-11-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #82
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post
I had no problems downloading and then opening this ePub via "File/Open file". The TOC looks a bit odd; the title for Books I, II and IV *seem* to be the name of the image in those Books and not the actual name of the Book.

*edit* But when I went to download and open it directly from Firefox , it now shows "Open with" and defaults to Mozilla Firefox. I left the default to Firefox and got the following error

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I already know about this. It does not download automatically because the webserver sends not the correct content-type. I've already talked to Jon who uploaded the file. He will change the content-type.

What happens, when you select "Mozilla Firefox", I don't know. Normally you shouldn't see this dialog.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #83
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What happens, when you select "Mozilla Firefox", I don't know. Normally you shouldn't see this dialog.
I added a screen shot of the error, I'm not sure if you saw it.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #84
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
I added a screen shot of the error, I'm not sure if you saw it.
Sorry, bad formulation . Yes, I did see your screenshot. What I wanted to say is, that I don't know what this errors means. But because you normally don't see the dialog where you can select "Mozilla Firefox" as the download starts immediately, I won't analyze this problem.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #85
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Dale, I just tried it but couldn't reproduce your problem. How did you open the file in Firefox? Did you download it first and opened it then via "File/File open"? Michael
As you know I don't quite use firefox. All I did was click on the file. It failed and then I checked the temp place it said was the failed file and I was able to load it just fine from the temp location. Perhaps it is some timeout.

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #86
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I had no problems downloading this ePub to a private folder, and then opening it via Firefox "File/Open file". The TOC looks a bit odd; the titles for Books I, II and IV *seem* to be the name of the image in those Books and not the actual name of the Book.

Hope this helps.
This is exactly the error I got.

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #87
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry, bad formulation . Yes, I did see your screenshot. What I wanted to say is, that I don't know what this errors means. But because you normally don't see the dialog where you can select "Mozilla Firefox" as the download starts immediately, I won't analyze this problem.
This seems to be what happens if the browser is using the extension only to determine what program to use. I had two choices, one was my browser and one was Sony's ebook library. The Sony ebook library worked fine so I should expect the browser should have worked fine as well, but it didn't.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #88
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
As you know I don't quite use firefox. All I did was click on the file. It failed and then I checked the temp place it said was the failed file and I was able to load it just fine from the temp location. Perhaps it is some timeout.

Dale
Yes, I know that you use Seamonkey. This seems to be another difference between Seamonkey and Firefox.

Please check again the epub. Jon changed the content-type, now it should be downloaded automatically.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 AM   #89
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
This seems to be what happens if the browser is using the extension only to determine what program to use. I had two choices, one was my browser and one was Sony's ebook library. The Sony ebook library worked fine so I should expect the browser should have worked fine as well, but it didn't.
You are right, that's what expected. The difference is, that Sony ebook library is an external program, EPUBReader is not. When I've got more time, I'll check if this can be fixed. Normally you shouldn't see this dialog, so this is for me not prio 1.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #90
kenmark
Addict

Notification now coming in via Firefox of new versions of EPUBReader.

I just updated to version 1.1.1.

Thanks.
Closed Thread