Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
That's what I'm doing: create feeds using Kovad's software (mostly through command line), then transfer them to reader using Sony software. During this transfer files are formatted so reader doesn't have to do it. Now my 500 crashes very rarely.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #17
Bubble
Enthusiast
Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bubble has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
That's what I'm doing: create feeds using Kovad's software (mostly through command line), then transfer them to reader using Sony software. During this transfer files are formatted so reader doesn't have to do it. Now my 500 crashes very rarely.
This is definitely a YUM-tip.

I have also experience crashes as of late on default profiles, hopefully this will fix it.

Thanks

UPDATE - It does fix it! And the only way to actually load a big newsfeed like Wired.com with out crashing the Reader.

Last edited by Bubble; 05-10-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
rsturgill
rsturgill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Still using Calibre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
This is an old thread, but useful for my PRS-500. Mind if I ask what role (if any) Calibre plays in the management of your reader? Sounds like you use scripts, external conversion routines, and the Sony ebook Library software.

Thanks!
rsturgill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500