Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
cloudy
cloudy began at the beginning.

Device: none
kobo touch upgrade-HELP

HI
bought a kobo touch last year everything great wifi worked over home wifi no problems, installed most recent update and now can't connect to wifi- did a basic and factory reset after factory reset synched to computer, same upgrade and still not able to connect\

Please help
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Which update have you installed? Are you manually installing 2.1.1 or is it the automatically installed 2.0.0?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #3
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I have had problems connecting to my home WiFi network in the past after upgrading. Makes sure you are using compatible security (apparently there are different WPAs not all of which are supported). At one point, my WEP secured network just wouldn't connect; changing to WPA made everything work again.

Also try restarting your router.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
cloudy
cloudy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which update have you installed? Are you manually installing 2.1.1 or is it the automatically installed 2.0.0?
it is/was the 2.0 that installed and installs automatically if I factory reset and later synch to my computer to start working again.

any help on how to fix is appreciated= can I uninstall an update or is there a newer one I can try and update to? not sure why 2.0 affected my connection now
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
it is/was the 2.0 that installed and installs automatically if I factory reset and later synch to my computer to start working again.
OK. There have been some reports of WiFi issues, but I can't think of any fixes. If you search through the 2.0.0 firmware thread, you might find it.

Quote:
any help on how to fix is appreciated= can I uninstall an update or is there a newer one I can try and update to? not sure why 2.0 affected my connection now
You can go back in the firmware. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660 lists download links and the method to install them. You could try the 2.1.1 firmware. This was only released to Japan but it lists a fix for WiFi issues. A lot of people have no problems with it, but it doesn't work for some. Based on when you bought your Touch, if you are in Australia, it probably won't work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
2.1.1 is now also available in Canada, updates automatically when syncing (as we found out here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...88#post2219588). I'd recommend updating to it if you can, it is the nicest firmware so far with the least bugs. You could also do it manually if you're not in Canada.

2.1.1 download: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...73&page=61#908
Manual update instructions: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...33#post2201433

EDIT for UPDATE: The Canada availability is apparently not true. Only random (?) people suddenly get 2.1.1 when syncing. Another lucky person in Europe got it too (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...php?t=190836#2)

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-12-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Update
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote