Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Retrieving specific sized book covers possible?

Curious to see if there would be a way for Calibre to search for book covers in a user-defined size ... maybe in a future version?

Doing a ' download cover ' job and having it return only covers found in 600x800 pixels (or whatever your readers resolution is) would be a nice feature as it makes for a nice neat display when first opening a book.

I've being doing it manually but if it could happen automagically, that would be even better.

Anyone else interested in a feature like this?
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
Curious to see if there would be a way for Calibre to search for book covers in a user-defined size ... maybe in a future version?

Doing a ' download cover ' job and having it return only covers found in 600x800 pixels (or whatever your readers resolution is) would be a nice feature as it makes for a nice neat display when first opening a book.

I've being doing it manually but if it could happen automagically, that would be even better.

Anyone else interested in a feature like this?
The Quality Check plugin REPORTS on covers that exceed a preset size.
The problem on looking ONLY at the size is what is included: Borders, front and back (flat)...
I use Search the internet PI: Google for images and hand pic the best that meets my size (~300x500)/ visual criteria
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert