Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
momogod
momogod began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Bug when turn a PDF Page?

Hi guys,

I just got a kobo touch today. I am having some problem when the eReader reading a PDF document.

When I try to turn to a new page, the right hand side remains the previous page and doesn't refresh. I have to tab the toolbar out and tab it again to force it refresh the whole page.

Is there anyone having the same problem? How to fix it?

Thank you all.
momogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
libeluratio
libeluratio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
It is a known bug with firmware 2.0. You must return to 1.9.17 or down, or wait for a new firmware, unfortunately. I am surprised that so few people complains about that giant bug.
libeluratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by libeluratio View Post
I am surprised that so few people complains about that giant bug.
Using PDFs on the Touch has been so painful, I don't even try anymore.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I've only noticed this problem when the page is zoomed. With a lot of my pdfs, I don't need to zoom the page, or I don't try turning the page while zoomed. It's probably because I've only read one pdf novel on the thing.

I have noticed that moving the page a little bit will cause the refresh.

It's a bad bug and definitely needs to be fixed. I'm grateful it doesn't affect me a lot.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
I have just noticed this bug since I want to keep some software manuals for reference and learning on my touch. Very disappointing.
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
camtosh
Enthusiast
camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo touch
You can convert your PDFs easily to epubs using the Calibre program on your computer, then sideload the converted epub to your Kobo Touch. Much nicer than trying to squint at tiny print on a PDF on the Kobo!
camtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Camtosh: actually conversion from PDF to any text based format is not that simple, or accurate.

calibre attempts to perform OCR on the PDF but it is not always successful.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote