Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
New Iliad Owner

I'm delighted to say that, in a couple of hours, I'll be the proud owner of a shiny new Iliad. I'm going to fetch one directly from the UK agents.

Looking forward to an exciting new world of Iliad ownership!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
hehe, congratulations. I hope you will have at least as much fun with yours, than i have with mine.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
So you finally decided to join the dark side?

I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we all do.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
flubu
master of my own domain
flubu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm delighted to say that, in a couple of hours, I'll be the proud owner of a shiny new Iliad. I'm going to fetch one directly from the UK agents.

Looking forward to an exciting new world of Iliad ownership!
UK Agents? What is this??
flubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Nice! I just wish I could afford that.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
YAY!
Can you convert all your uploaded books..especially Sherlock holmes for the Iliad? :-)
Please?
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Harry's moving to the Dark Side. Darth HarryT
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flubu View Post
UK Agents? What is this??
iRex have a reseller in the UK (Ruthin, in North Wales). See:

http://www.iliadreader.co.uk/

Very nice chap. Went to see him and he gave me a nice demo, etc.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Harry's moving to the Dark Side. Darth HarryT
Not "moving over" to the Dark Side, exactly. Let's just say that I now see the benefits of both the Reader and the Iliad .
Old 08-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

So have you gotten it yet? What do you think?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes - just got home. Haven't actually taken it out of the box yet. I was surprised how much larger than the Reader it is. Looks great!

What's the first thing I should do? Charge it for a few hours, and then see if it needs a firmware upgrade?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #12
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

You can use it while it's charging...I doubt it'll have any ill effects.

I'd reccomend "calibrating" the battery. Fully charge and drain it about 3 times, so that you can get the max usage out of the batter.

First Step: Update Firmware.
Second (At least for me): Request and Download Shell hack.
Third: Install Enhanced iPDF and FBReader. Full screen is really necessary for PDF's not formatted for the iLiad. FBReader gives you access to just about any other format you'd want.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I agree, shell hack and enhanced ipdf are almost a necessity
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
Oooh, I like this dark side stuff ... who's gonna write us an app to make blue lightning bolts come out of the USB port?
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #15
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

That might be a bit difficult.

But, we should be able to create a skin with an Empire theme.